Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Risk of eating house gecko or mouse/rat poop?

Risk of eating house gecko or mouse/rat poop?

Today, while I was drinking water from a bottle, I felt like a splash in my mouth, at first I thought it to be a drop of water from the bottle but now my ocd mind kicks in and I am thinking of the possibilities of it to be something like rat(there are a lot of them in my house) poop or house gecko(I see them occasionally) poop.What is the risk if it was any of those?

Re: Risk of eating house gecko or mouse/rat poop?

Hi There is always a slight risk with poop, how ever I am concerned about the rats in your house do you have pest control services where you are? Simple rats carry deisease if you can erridicate them then that's good Think what you said though the risk is very low and it's your HA taking over this needs to be treated though. ATB

not convinced a Rat or a gecko would climb up your bottle just to poo in your bottle of drink if I am honest........ the chances of that must be about 0.000001%
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-03-18 at 12:46.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    not convinced a Rat or a gecko would climb up your bottle just to poo in your bottle of drink if I am honest........ the chances of that must be about 0.000001%
    More like 0%! It's just a variation on the invisible bat theme.

Positive (there no rat or gecko) thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Your immune system will do an excellent job at killing harmful crap in your body. We're human, we live amongst all sorts of harmful bacteria. Chances are you likely put bad bacteria in your system multiple times a day, but the body zaps it away. You can't worry about these sort of things. If you think too hard over this you are going to develop a serious issue with OCD.

If you have rats, or a gecko infestation you should get that sorted.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Not a lot you can do about the house geckos in India (tik tikkis), they are everywhere and they just live there, on the walls, behind pictures and so on,a nd are harmless to humans. I really don't think a gecko poo would have got into your bottle though, it would have to have been hanging on the ceiling above and done one, or directly gone to your bottle and held its rear end over it Same applies to rats really - a rat poo getting into a bottle seems a pretty hugely remote thing to happen. What can you do about the rats at your house - I know that 'pest control' isn't a big thing where you are - but can anyone do anything to help ? Having wild rats running freely around your home isn't pleasant and they do carry disease. I do know seedling that you also have a rabies fear, along with your friend anku, and live in fear of being near dogs and other creatures - so it sounds like you are really struggling with the Indian 'wildlife' in general. :(

If rats are in your home and pest control isn't an option get a cat

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

This will not make you feel better, but we all eat and drink mouse poop all the time. The government regulators allow a certain amount in manufactured food. It is impossible to keep it out of the food supply entirely, apparently. It is only when it surpasses a certain level, that something would be recalled for that.

So, I would not worry about a little exposure at home, unless you are seeing it, of course. Then, EWWWW.

Not in the uk it's not NervUs The various agencies would be looking in to it straight away and rightly so ATB

FLip I hope you are right BB, but I have a horrible feeling that NervUS might be right (certainly correct for the US).....I don't want him/her to be....but.....Someone tell us ! Obviously rats and mice pooing around and near and IN food is a serious food hygiene issue, and is covered by law.....but the occassional passing little bit of faeces, errr dunno...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information