Thread: why do i give a sht what people think about me?

why do i give a sht what people think about me?

one of my worst ocd anxiety is always caring abotu what people think about me
    is `that person cool with me`
    is that person angry with me..

i can look at it rationally and think why do i care
    but i do care and it bugs me 24 7 465

ive had cbt, taken medication and im still terrified about what people think of me and `are they cool with me`

does anyone go through the same

Re: why do i give a sht what people think about me?

Hi I have this big style as well at the moment it’s bugging me 24/7 especially around work colleagues.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

I seem to be a people pleaser most of the times. Dread letting people down or at work I seem to monitor what I,m saying incase it gets me in trouble. Which it has when not in my worrying state. I could write an essay of the things that go through my head regarding this subject. I am happy to share with you like wise. Hope is ok.

Re: why do i give a sht what people think about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    Hi I have this big style as well at the moment it’s bugging me 24/7 especially around work colleagues.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

I seem to be a people pleaser most of the times. Dread letting people down or at work I seem to monitor what I,m saying incase it gets me in trouble. Which it has when not in my worrying state. I could write an essay of the things that go through my head regarding this subject. I am happy to share with you like wise. Hope is ok.
    All this seems fairly normal to me, especially among people pleasers. It's actually the fragile ego that sees itself as being not good enough or defective. People pleasers often have lowered self esteem and confidence and have a hard time accepting that they are fine just the way they are.

They are also very kind people who are very empathetic towards others (but not themselves)

Thread Information