Thread: Carcinoid syndrome

Carcinoid syndrome

That is today's fear. Flushed, hot face is my only symptom. It has been happening for about 2 weeks.
    I've also had intermittent low-grade fever, which, of course, also makes me worry about cancer.
    I had bloodwork done yesterday for something unrelated, and it was perfect. CBC and chem panel. I recently had an abdominal ultrasound, which was normal except a tiny gallbladder polyp-which is giving me anxiety as well.

Before that it was breast cancer-actually had a biopsy-benign.
    Then it was ovarian cancer- turned out to be ovarian cysts, which are still ongoing.
    Then it was osteosarcoma of the jaw- still having jaw pain but xray and oral surgeon say it is TMJ.
    Then it was colon cancer following blood in stool- colonoscopy was clear.

Being terrified of dying all the time is so exhausting and sucks the life out of everything. And even though I tell myself it it almost certainly not cancer, I still really believe I have cancer, every time.

I have tried therapy-useless. The only thing that helps a little is exercise and Xanax.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Carcinoid syndrome

having this health anxiety can suck the life out of you for sure. i suffer from health issues and for me that only makes it worse. i just want to say i really appreciate you sharing your personal experiences with me. i know its hard and as much as i wish i could say something to make you feel better im not sure if i could because its rough. i can however remind you that your not alone. we all suffer something different but yet the same. for me support and a listening ear goes a long way. im here if you ever need a shoulder to lean on.

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Re: Carcinoid syndrome

Hi Andyroo-
    I'm sorry I never replied. I did read and it did help to know I'm not alone.

This forum is very helpful in that it not only shows you that you're not alone with the HA, there are so many people who are terrified and wind up being just fine.

<3

Thread Information