Thread: Genesight medication testing?

Genesight medication testing?

Has anyone had this done? I did the testing a year ago and according to my results Cymbalta is in the red column as have gene interactions. Supposedly I am an ultra rapid metabolizer. Does that mean the medication is going right through me? Not sure why the doctor would prescribe this. She said we could definitely use meds in the red column, but may need to go to a higher dose and that this testing is not an exact science.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this testing, or has any thoughts on it?
    Thank you!

Re: Genesight medication testing?

Following this. I just had the Genone (not sure about spelling) done yesterday. And I am curious as to my results! My doctor however was like "well, lets not waste the two weeks on a wait, lets start you on Cymbalta". ooooook. So now here we are freaking out completely over starting a new med!!!

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Just curious, how much did the test cost you? In the States, most insurances won't pay a cent on it! :( So I am paying $400!!!!

Re: Genesight medication testing?

Yup! i live in Illinois and paid $350 for my test! The results are so iffy. I am taking cymbalta and my stomach is hurting so bad from it. It's been 9 days on the increased dose and my doctor decided to split my 60MG dose twice a day. She's hoping that will help eliminate the stomach issues. Some of the meds that are in the "use as directed column" were not helpful at all and caused me severe side effects. So in my opinion the test is garbage.

Thread Information