Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: UTI or bladder cancer?

Re: UTI or bladder cancer?

Thanks Sleepy. I’m very much the same in that my mind focuses on something and I then obsess about it. Not always health related but this time it is. And I’m not like this all the time, my anxiety is intermittent but can hit me big time.
    When this all started, after a small leak, I immediately focused on my bladder and I really did think it was all psychological. I was terrified of leaking again, then this pressure/urge to wee started up and I was surprised to learn I had a uti.

But it’s so hard not to think about it when there is a physical pain/pressure there and the vicious circle continues.
    I hope that over time it will die down but currently it’s my every waking moment and very hard to distract myself from. I know exactly what I’m doing, every time, but still I do it.

Just to clarify, I’m not thinking this is something serious ie cancer or anything, just catastrophising and imagining this is going to be my life forever.

I guess I’m doing the classic reassurance seeking, which is wrong, but it’s my way of getting through this.

Thanks to Pulisa, Kingdawson, Katniss, Kimaya and Sleepy for taking the trouble of replying to my posts but I’ve decided to withdraw from NMP for now and I’m trying to keep off the internet in general as it’s not doing me any good and is fuelling my obsession.

Still feel pretty bad and symptoms are ongoing but constantly checking on here all day long for any comments is not healthy and is doing nothing to help.

Best wishes to all.

It's a wise move in my opinion, Humly.

You need to do what is best for your recovery and I do hope you manage to get some respite from all this very soon x

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Hello Humly,
    I had this some months back. I was between meds and my anxiety came back big time. I then started Amitriptyline which caused some urinary hesitation. My brain seemed to latch on to this and I started to get frequent urination coupled with a false sense of urgency. Mine went on for 2-3 months. It only went away when my dose of escitalopram started to impact on my anxiety.

My brain focuses on a bodily function and sort of obsesses about it. My doctor says for many people the focus is the stomach. More rarely, and for me, it was the bladder.

I’m sure your problem will be solved once your anxiety is quietened.

Wishing you all the best.
    I wanted to point out Amitriptyline also helped me out at 50mg once a day before bed. I used this medication for a few months and it greatly improved my bladder retention. I can say I have now been off of it for a few months and my body has stabilized. I do have some “flare up” days where I will go 10 times, but I don’t care anymore. Doesn’t really both me. I probably will be living with frequency of urination for a very long time, hopefully not a life time, but I know the body is very good at adapting and will find a homeostasis. Time will tell with this curse, but reflecting where I was a year and a half ago, to present date, I have shown progress.

Hi everyone i know it’s been a long time but how’s everyone doing who had the same symptoms?

Hey kimaya, I'm still in same boat. How are you.doing?

Hi there

I've just read through all this thread as I'm going through the same thing . It started 4 weeks ago with what I thought was a urine infection got antibiotics even though culture was negative for bacteria but the symptoms did subside but 2 weeks later they are back with a vengance I've got more antibiotics but dips tick was positive for blood but my period started a few hours after that so think that was why.

Symptoms are constant need to pee I mean constant not one second of relief soon as I go I need it straight away. New symptom this morning severe tingly and sensitive top part of vulva it is so uncomfortable. I feel every muscle in that area is so tight because I'm so tense. Could tension cause that tingly feeling. I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and no change yet.I am so scared there is some really wrong that I couldn't go to work today as I've cried all night. And can't get to see a doctor right now cause of this virus.

Can anyone help me .

Thank you

Hi Molly15! I’m in the same boat as you now :( Symptoms started about 2 weeks ago after I had a PAP smear and vag us done. Tests for smear came back negative but gynae found a 2cm cyst on my right ovary.
    Since the day I went for that gynae check, I’ve been peeing more frequently. At night, I’ll need to use the loo 2-3x and in the day every hour or so. Thought it was UTI, had urinalysis and it came back negative for infections but had traces of blood (2ml). Now worried it’s either an ovarian or bladder C.
    Have an appointment with a uro-gynae on Monday so.. pretty anxious now.

Hi yazz

I feel your pain . I'm literally sitting here crying I'm so scared I pee then immediately feel I need to go again this has been going on for 4 weeks . No bacteria found either. I honestly feel I'm having a breakdown.

Haven't slept all night haven't eaten properly for days because I'm so scared. I've literally peed 6 times since 7 am.

I'm just not coping.

Xxxx

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread Information