Thread: Had enough of this

Angry Had enough of this

I've had anxiety for about a year and and half now ever since my heart started palpitating one day and i thought i was going too have a heart attack. It was hell from then on but i discovered the acceptance method and thing started too get alot better, but then randomly out of the blue i would be stuck with debilitating anxiety where i couldn't even move out of my bed. Well after going through the heart worries then schizophrenia worries, constant derealization and violent intrusive thoughts im back too heart worries and anything i eat sets my heart racing. Last night i woke up at 3am with my heart absolutely pounding and couldn't get back too sleep. I'm sorry this sounds so negative but i just can't see a way out of this anymore, im tired of having too accept it everyday. I know with the acceptance method you accept the anxiety and let it pass but im just sick and tired at this point of the anxiety is general... I'm sick of HAVING too do these things I just wish i could go back too the way i was before.

Re: Had enough of this

I've had it for 17 years, so I definitely know what you mean. It's difficult to accept something you don't want to have.
    I will say, however, it's the negative thinking and your resentment of your anxiety that fuel the anxiety and 'feed the beast'. Perhaps where your focus should be is changing your negative thinking. Accept that panic isn't dangerous, despite it being very uncomfortable, and it can't and won't harm you. After a while, it will lose its hold over you.

I have recently started not resisting a panic attack by desperately trying to distract myself as the attack happens, but just letting it happen instead, whilst telling myself that I'm going to be ok and that the unpleasant sensations are going to end very soon.

Well I’ll try and say this in the kindest way possible, but you don’t have to just accept it.

At the very least you should start researching and practicing relaxing breathing. Practice it 10 times a day until you start to get it right and see results. Focus your energy on that instead of being the ball of worry that you are now.
    Start listening to progressive muscle relaxation exercises, and keep it up. They are dull at first, but they help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Firemage View Post
    I've had anxiety for about a year and and half now ever since my heart started palpitating one day and i thought i was going too have a heart attack. It was hell from then on but i discovered the acceptance method and thing started too get alot better, but then randomly out of the blue i would be stuck with debilitating anxiety where i couldn't even move out of my bed. Well after going through the heart worries then schizophrenia worries, constant derealization and violent intrusive thoughts im back too heart worries and anything i eat sets my heart racing. Last night i woke up at 3am with my heart absolutely pounding and couldn't get back too sleep. I'm sorry this sounds so negative but i just can't see a way out of this anymore, im tired of having too accept it everyday. I know with the acceptance method you accept the anxiety and let it pass but im just sick and tired at this point of the anxiety is general... I'm sick of HAVING too do these things I just wish i could go back too the way i was before.
    I to have had enough,light headed and sick each and every day,and I have been like this for 3 years

Thread Information