Thread: Floating stool and gas, google freaked me out

Floating stool and gas, google freaked me out

Hi there
    So I’ve been having flatulence more often but I’ve always blamed my anxiety for it as I get cramps when I’m anxious and gas too, also I’ve been having floating stools for like a very long time, usually the smaller pieces float not the whole stool, I usually have BM every 3 days the color and size are normal and I don’t see oily stuff in the water, no mucus or blood, but when I looked up floating stool malabsorption came up with cancer and all the other horrible stuff and now I’m freaking out, I’ve been having gas after eating for years now and it’s all linked to malabsorption, my blood tests where all good and and I’m not anemic and I’ve been gaining weight, I like food and sweets and I’ve graduated like last year and I’m supposed to start working in April, I’ve been idle ever since july last year so thats why i started gaining weight. But can I have malabsorption and still gain weight?
    And is it normal to have floating stool and gas after eating?
    Please help I’ve been feeling better lately with my health anxiety and I’m freaking out now returning to block one, Lots of people around me are having cancer all are not genetic but 4 of these people were diagnosed this year and one had a recurrence, it’s so frightening that every month I’d feel the symptoms of any type of cancer and when I go to the doctor they check and find nothing and then all the pains and symptoms I’d feel would go away.
    I need help please I feel like hell.

Re: Floating stool and gas, google freaked me out

So I always think that floating stools are due to too much fat in your diet. That’s the simple answer, how’s your diet?

So yes, it’s normal to have flatulence after eating & have floating stools if you’re eating lots of fatty things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! I am going through the same thing. I heard that yes it can be a lot of fat in diet. I also heard that some people produce more gas than others. I have had this all my life.

Hi Jiji well I would agree you are right to blame it on your HA So isn't it best to get this treated and under control?? And dr Google will always cause extra unwanted stress so the answer is not to Google simple really in theory. ATB

Hello

with my HA in overdrive I've been checking my stools a lot more than I used to

I've noticed the more fibre I have the more likely they seem to be to float? Could it just be a simple case of diet change?

(I come off the fybogel and now they sink!)

I know this is old but studies on floating stool is actually caused by too much air, my stool has always floated since I was a kid and never had an issue, even my parents stool floats and they had that for as long as I can remember and they are both elderly now and no other issues, I think, for me it is normal.

Thread Information