Thread: Waiting......

Waiting......

Hi

I had a CT scan with contrast of my brain last Tuesday.I'm waiting for the results and Im so frightened

The letter i got said the results would be 7-10 days but the person who did the scan say 10 days ish.

I am due to take my children on holiday at the weekend and I'm terrified I will not be able to
    Also , if the results arent back , should I go because flying may do damage....

My symptoms are huge pressure in the side of my head/ear/eye , dizziness , ringing in ear and loads of bright floater things in one eye.I also feel as if i am walking to one side and that side is weak(right side) , all my symptoms are on the same side
    I have an appointment for Thursday but Ive to call the surgery tomorrow to see if they are back
    Im so terrified , Ive been sick.My LO's keep asking about the holiday and are soooooo excited.It upsets me so much to think I would spoil it for them :(
    Hunny x
    Last edited by hunny; 10-07-07 at 09:26. Reason: Spelling errors

Re: Waiting......

I am sure you will be ok. The results may be back on thursday, if not ask your GP if he can chase them for you before you go on holiday, my dr has done this for me before with blood results when he knows im anxious. Your Dr could maybe ring on friday and give you a call if they are no back thursday for you.

I am sure you will be fine.

Hi

I spoke to my counsellor yesterday who said if the results werent back that the GP could chase them up
    Im such a nervous wreck
    I sort of wish I hant had it done , but then again , I would have been too scared not to iykwim

Thanks for reply

H x

Hello Hunny !
    Waiting for results is the pits. Listen up - the person doing the CT scans wouldn't have let you go home afterwards if there had been a BIG problem ! They can see instant images from a scan and interpret them straight away. You will be soooooo relieved to get the results, you will be able to go on holiday and have a fab time with the kids - no worries.
    be kind to yourself

Neptuno is right, the sonographer can see if there is a serious problem straight away and would of alerted a dr and you would of been admited so do not worry. When I had my ct scan last year, I was VERY nervous waiting for my results but he said he had never seen such a perfect scan of someones sinuses and im sure you will be the same.

Let us know.

I am sure it will all be fine - try not to worry. You will make yourself ill!

Concentrate on the holiday instead.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Cool Re: Waiting......

Quote Originally Posted by neptuno View Post
    Hello Hunny !
    Waiting for results is the pits. Listen up - the person doing the CT scans wouldn't have let you go home afterwards if there had been a BIG problem ! They can see instant images from a scan and interpret them straight away. You will be soooooo relieved to get the results, you will be able to go on holiday and have a fab time with the kids - no worries.
    be kind to yourself
    I agree. If there was any chance that there was anything nasty going on, you'd be called in straight away. There is no way they'd leave it.

Regarding your symptoms. My husband had very similar ones last year and had an MRI. He used to have these "attacks" whereby he would have to lay down until the symptoms subsided. He'd get terrible ringing in one ear, feel sick, couldn't stand up. Anyway, his MRI was clear. Turns out he had a problem with his inner ear. He's fine now after taking some pills

I'm sure you'll be fine

Thread Information