Thread: Lady problems

Lady problems

Hi

This is embarrassing but over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a increase in vaginal discharge - has anyone else experienced this with anxiety? I’m not sure if this is normal. I am taking citalopram could it be that? I’m really worrying about this as I have health anxiety. I had a smear 2 years ago and came back normal but I’m scared something has developed. I game no pain or itching.

Re: Lady problems

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Here is a delicate question in response - or at least something to think about - have your bowel habits been different? A variation in those can caused an increase in 'productivity' of the vaginal area. The bowel, vagina and urethra are all so close internally and IBS symptoms or constipation can cause a change there. I am presuming that there is nothing unusual about the discharge - smell, colour and so on ?

Hi

Yes my bowel habits have changed a lot since my anxiety started actually...constant loose stools and having to go the toilet a lot more could they be down to IBS?

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

And nope no difference in smell or anything

Well, honestly, that might be the cause, it took me a while to work it out. If I have IBS symptoms with lots of softness of stools and lots of gas (and please do excuse me here guys, I can't believe I am writing this all on a public forum) then I have a large increase in discharge too. Keep an eye on it, it might not be that of course, but you would start to see a pattern as it would be worse on your worse bowel/anxiety days. Anything unsual about it - or does it seen normal in colour and so on ? Once you have read this I might remove the single post, if you don't mind ;o)

Of course I don’t mind. And oh I will keep a eye on it only other thing I can think of is I forgot to pick my pill prescription up from the doctor so I missed a week of taking my pill about 3 weeks ago so I may have messed my cycle all up

It could very probably be missing your pill. Vaginal discharge is very strongly affected by hormones, so if you have a sudden change of hormone levels, as would occur by missing your pill for a week, it could certainly change your vaginal discharge.

I had a miscarriage six months ago and I've had a increase in watery discharge since then. It really worried me and I became convinced it was due to cervical cancer. After some tests, and a lot of time talking to doctors and gynaecologists, it looks as though I'm cancer free. So, I'm still not sure what it is, but very possibly a hormone shift following the miscarriage.

Yep, hormone changes also possible

do you think it can change due to stress?

I am very sorry to hear you had a miscarriage, i hope you are feeling ok.

Quote Originally Posted by LS26 View Post
    do you think it can change due to stress?

I am very sorry to hear you had a miscarriage, i hope you are feeling ok.
    I think there is no limit on the physical symptoms that can be caused by anxiety, to be honest. A change in vaginal discharge would, however, be a slightly less common anxiety symptom (obviously all the usual ones are dizziness, chest pains, tingling, headaches, etc) so I would say the most likely cause is a hormone change from missing your pill. Or from IBS, though I don't know much about that.

Thanks, I'm doing better now than I was... still hypersensitive to gynaecological issues, but getting there

Thread Information