Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it last the good effect?

How long does it last the good effect?

Hi
    How long does the good effect of Clonazepam stay after you take it? is it enough to make you pass a good day or only few hours and the depression and anxiety comes back to attack you
    I'm currently taking Lorazepam 2.5mg and it doesn't do so much for me, I want to talk to my doctor about switching into Clonazepam, thanks!

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Re: How long does it last the good effect?

Quote Originally Posted by SufferingSilent View Post
    Hi
    How long does the good effect of Clonazepam stay after you take it? is it enough to make you pass a good day or only few hours and the depression and anxiety comes back to attack you
    I'm currently taking Lorazepam 2.5mg and it doesn't do so much for me, I want to talk to my doctor about switching into Clonazepam, thanks!

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
    Clonazepam is for short term use only, 10 days maximum. It's from the benzodiazepine /valium family and is highly addictive! Lorazepam is also a benzo it's use is for acute anxiety, not depression.

You need to stop taking this medication, you are only taking 2.5 mgs so it shouldn't take too long. The reason you aren't getting much relief from the med is because your body is building up a tolerance, then you will need more and more, hence the addiction cycle.

Ask you Dr for an antidepressant. It will take longer to feel the full effect (up to 4 weeks) but you can stay on them for much longer (even years) and they are not addictive.

Thanks!
    I'm currently taking 75mg of Clomipramine and it does nothing to me except making me hungry and my doctor won't up my dosage, I know it can reach 250mg so he's not giving me chances, I'm always feeling sad and down.
    I've tried Paroxetine, Venlafaxine, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine: none of them worked for me, they all made me worse...
    50mg of Clomipramine was working great for me at first with Amitriptyline, but one time I tried to quit cold turkey, and when I felt bad without them I tried to go back so it didn't work...
    One time my doctor prescribed Risperdal for me, but I refused of taking it because I was thinking I had to try antidepressant's before going to the options of anti-psychotics...
    I don't know what other choices I still have to try...

Is that all in one dose? That's equivalent to 12.5mg Diazepam so if that's all in one dose tolerance sounds likely.

Yes at one dose, I was taking only 1.25mg (half pill) at 12:00pm, but when Clomipramine loss effectiveness I upped my dosage to 2.5mg, this is all because I'm not lucky to find the alternative of Clomipramine and my doctor won't try me on the maximum dosage, do you think that I'm falling into benzo-addiction and that's why I'm not feeling good in my life... I really started thinking like this!

do you think that I'm falling into benzo-addiction and that's why I'm not feeling good in my life... I really started thinking like this!
    Did you even read my post about benzo addiction? I get the impression you skipped right over it, as you're asking the same question in a later post

I understand you feeling worse on Paroxetine, Venlafaxine, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine as they are SSRI antidepressants (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) and not suited to everyone (I can't take them).

It may seem like you no longer need the medication, but in most cases, it’s contributing to your improved feelings. That’s why it’s important you stick with the treatment prescribed by your doctor. If you think you’re ready to stop taking an antidepressant, ask your doctor to create a plan of action that will help your body slowly adjust to being without the medicine.

Antidepressants help balance brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. These brain chemicals affect your mood and emotions. An imbalance can cause major depression or anxiety disorders. Antidepressants correct this imbalance, but it can take four weeks or more to get the maximum effect.
    You may need to stay on them for 6 months or longer.

I'm glad you didn't consider taken the anti psychotics, they are totally wrong for anxiety and depression. They would be a total disaster!!

Thanks for replying!
    Well my dosage was upped yesterday to 150mg, my question now is do I have to wait more days or weeks to feel the effect of the new dosage?
    I think when the antidepressant works then we don't need to use benzo's, since we can get the good feeling (relief from anxiety/depression) from the antidepressant.
    What other options/chances I still have other than the antidepressant's that I already tested and didn't work for me.
    Last edited by SufferingSilent; 13-03-18 at 09:45.

Thanks for replying!
    Well my dosage was upped yesterday to 150mg, my question now is do I have to wait more days or weeks to feel the effect of the new dosage?
    I think when the antidepressant works then we don't need to use benzo's, since we can get the good feeling (relief from anxiety/depression) from the antidepressant.
    What other options/chances I still have other than the antidepressant's that I already tested and didn't work for me.
    Yes, you will have to wait a couple of weeks until the full effect of the new dose kicks in, as antidepressants take this long to gradually build up in your body.

To reiterate, you should stop taking the benzo's. If you've been taking them a while you may have to cut them down slowly to prevent a rebound effect. Even if you do experience this, it will be temporary and keep taking your antidepressants.

Good luck with it.

I've found that the anti-psychotic Seroquel has helped me a lot. Maybe it's worth considering.

Thank you so much WiseMonkey!
    ana, I will try more antidepressant's if they don't work then may be I will see with the anti-psychotics, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information