Thread: Will out of date dipping sauce kill me?

Will out of date dipping sauce kill me?

Sounds a bit over dramatic(probably is haha)
    But i had some dominos garlic and herb dipping sauce that turned out to be out of date in December last year, will it kill me or make me really ill? I have been reassured from the brother in law that its fine as he does it all the time and they add loads of vinegar anyway but i'm just really worried i guess, my stomach slightly aches but could be because i was starving and just ate x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Will out of date dipping sauce kill me?

I think Dominos pizzas are more likely to kill you than out-of-date "dipping sauce", Epona

Never Surrender, Comrade

Can't argue with that haha didn't have any pizza just used it on some chicken because i hate dominos pizza and the sauces never get used x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Best Before Date or Use By Date?

Best Before Dates are only an indication of quality. After that date the manufacturer no longer guarantees the same quality. That's all. Whether it is safe to eat is up to you. The government have been trying to get them to remove these dates anyway as they account for a lot of food wastage in society.

Use By Dates are the ones to watch as these are about food safety. We shouldn't eat them after these dates. However, food experts have said that they may still be safe anyway and that it's mostly a few foods that you really shouldn't risk it with (like shellfish) and you should do the old fashioned smell & eye checks. They also say you should do this prior to these dates otherwise you could rely on a date rather than whether the food has gone off...and I've had my share of Tesco meat go off before those dates! The Tesco Christmas turkey mess up demonstrated this recently.

Thread Information