Thread: Health anxiety with Pregabalin withdrawal...

Health anxiety with Pregabalin withdrawal...

Hi,

I’ve had the toughest week I’ve had in months with my anxiety, the brain tumour fear was insane. I wanted to be taken away.

Anyway, I have been on Pregabalin since August, 75mg at night and 75mg in the morning.

I think I’m experiencing some rubbish withdrawal as I have stopped taking the night time dose as per my doctors advice because it never really helped me.

I am having rubbish nights sleeps, my muscles are aching a lot - very painful, I’m getting dizzy whenever I stand up, almost like my blood pressure is low and my chest feels tight and it feels hard to breathe. Is this all just normal withdrawal? Because it’s triggwring my health anxiety a lot :(

Would appreciate any input!

Re: Health anxiety with Pregabalin withdrawal...

Pregabalin is a drug that has to be weened not stopped abruptly so even going down 75mg a day causes withdrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    Pregabalin is a drug that has to be weened not stopped abruptly so even going down 75mg a day causes withdrawl.
    Thank you for your reply,

I was wondering if I should’ve weened off with a lower dose to begin with. But the doctor just straight up told me to stop the evening 75mg dose, I may ask for some 25mg tablets so I can control it a bit more as I decrease.

I still feel unwell today, my health anxiety is LOVING it, I can’t wait for the day I feel better. Just got to keep fighting.

I'm starting the ween today and not looking forward to it especialy since the pregabalin is working for my pain. The problem is my insurance is refusing to cover it until I try and fail a tricycle antidepressant and fail so I have to go off my antidepressant which was working and pregabalin which was working to go on a drug which may or may not work. Being deprived of my anti depressant and my pain meds while withdrawing will be super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    I'm starting the ween today and not looking forward to it especialy since the pregabalin is working for my pain. The problem is my insurance is refusing to cover it until I try and fail a tricycle antidepressant and fail so I have to go off my antidepressant which was working and pregabalin which was working to go on a drug which may or may not work. Being deprived of my anti depressant and my pain meds while withdrawing will be super fun.

I’m so sorry to hear that, that really sucks :( sounds like an absolute mess which you don’t need. Sending you kind thoughts and I hope the withdrawal isn’t too bad for you.

Keep me in the know on how you do! We can go through this withdrawal with the support of one another!

I went through dilaudid withdrawl in january (i am not as addict i was using as prescribed) and omg i felt like i was dying. It was horrible.Hoping this is better.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information