Thread: Ocd / health anxiety / gad / panic attacks

Smile Ocd / health anxiety / gad / panic attacks

Hello! I’m Ann and I’m a 15 year old female from the US. Suffering from health anxiety / ocd and panic attacks. This problem has been here my whole life, but kicked back up again a few months ago after I had a potassium deficiency (with heart palpitations.) I started obsessing about my health and having panic attacks all day long. Went to the ER about 5 times thinking something was wrong with me. Around last month, I was admitted in a children’s psychiatrist hospital and stayed there for about 7 days. They diagnosed me with GAD and prescribed me 10mg of Lexapro. The medication had helped greatly. After I got discharged, they set up psychiatrist appointments and gave me a counselor that visits me every week until I’m 18. At my most recent psych appointment, she diagnosed me with OCD and boosted me up to 20mg of Lexapro. I just finished my last 10mg today, starting 20mg tomorrow! Anyways, I’m really excited to start interacting with people in this community. I think it’d be good for me to be able to relate to someone!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Po and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Ocd / health anxiety / gad / panic attacks

Good Morning Po,

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this at such an early age. But I am happy to see you getting treatment that you believe is improving your situation. I've been dealing with GAD, Panic, and Anxiety for 20 years, but mine didn't flare up until I was in my 30's.

You seem to be a young lady who has had to mature beyond your years. But continue with your therapy and treatments. Hopefully, your therapist is prescribing using meditation as a way to treat your anxiety. Best to you young lady on your journey through life.

Thread Information