Thread: Blood pressure white coat syndrome

Blood pressure white coat syndrome

Hi all

I have posted previously about my blood pressure and being scared of the readings. But I have more than white coat syndrome as I get so scared just at the thought of taking it! I get heart beating harder and louder, a wave of fear rushing through me, trembling feelings, muscles tensing, and feeling weak. I have done my blood pressure many tones over the last three weeks and even did it on the doctors machine and was getting reading between 127/77 to 138/90 depending on how relaxed I was feeling. But I have also had readings of 156/94 which then made me panic and it went higher and higher up to 177/106, then I panicked all night and woke in the morning and first thing I thought was worry and panic about doing it again. I sat and did it and was in total anticipation of it being high and yes it was 174/104 I felt myself shaking and the fear rushing through me and did it again and it was 189/120!!! I took it off and have. Not done it for 2 days as im in total anxiety and stress mode every second of the day now. I can’t rationalise that it has been pretty normal for day after day, all I’m focusing on is the high readings, and now worried it’s this high all the time!! If I do it again and it’s high again I don’t know what I will do😢 I’m sure this is panic caused, but can’t convince myself 😔

Re: Blood pressure white coat syndrome

I get the white coat syndrome completely.

Is there a medical reason that you’re taking your blood pressure at home? If there is, maybe your gp could give you one of those 24 hour machines that you can’t take off?

I’d not, then try to stop taking it so often. It’s not helping you any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blood pressure white coat syndrome

The exact same thing happened to me. I stopped taking at home, it was making me worse! And when I see my GP, I get all panicky and they frown and then I take it on the machine and it drops rapidly. The fact that it does drop means that the readings are high because of hypertension. Never had this before I had Anxiety.
    I know a Doctor who goes for a long walk every day and a friend who has readings up to 200/125 and he goes for a power walk and has been doing this for years as he won't take meds.

Thread Information