Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HA going to far

Re: HA going to far

Ok try to breathe...
    it is highly unlikely that you have multiple types of cancer & the fact that you’re worried about so many is almost proof that you don’t have cancer at all.
    Putting on weight is good - if you had advanced cancer you would be losing weight.
    Thinking you might have seen red in your urine is not the same as definitely having blood in your urine & even if it was blood it’s still highly unlikely to be due to cancer.
    Constant checking & poking will definitely cause more aches & pains & definitely increase your anxiety levels.
    I really think you need some psychiatric help rather than physical. X

Thanks
    I been eating okay, but still feel ill

Are there any activities that you enjoy doing that make time fly by? I've had similar concerns as you and find that my symptoms suddenly vanish when I am deeply focused on something I love to do - whether it's a video game, a sport, or a good book. When I find myself doing these things and find myself finally feeling "normal", I reflect on the moment and realize that if so many of the symptoms leave as I no longer pay attention to them, then those symptoms must be manifestations of the attention itself.

Maybe this will help! It is very difficult. Have you seen a therapist or psychologist? I have done that, and found it very helpful.

Thank you for your response.

Gaming, going to watch the football/soccer but that only when we play at home, I am trying to get a GP appointment to rule out testicle cancer for me and get another ultrasound to prove nothing wrong. I have seen cbt, therapist in the past but he talked me out going to GP a few times, saying it is more likely this or that, instead of cancer, did not help me, thanks,

I am trying my best but I think I am have some wrong, with aches and pains symptoms but these are on and off, not there 24/7

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

It just that back pain as well, cannot be normal all the time, I felt fine properly up to yesterday, I may have eaten something with disagree with me, parents are worried at me, I am scared I am dying and have told them that, I worry every symptom is bad, my brain works differently.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Also worries about my hip pains, these are own and off, I am too focus on my symptoms that everything is bad, maybe I need to eat more so I don't feel sick,
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 22-03-18 at 21:08.

I am scared that I have cancer, with my symptoms, my mum said don't be so stupid. I am trying to get into GP. I ate breakfast okay, worried about my foot pains

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    I have seen cbt, therapist in the past but he talked me out going to GP a few times, saying it is more likely this or that, instead of cancer, did not help me, thanks
    Phil you have said yourself that you get an ache and you automatically think cancer. This gets to be a habit and a totally ingrained.

It sounds like that behavior was what your therapist was trying to break.

Logically if you poke and prod and area it is going to become sore, that is not cancer.

Likewise anxiety can affect your appetite, that is not cancer.

You have been on this merry go round for a long time, have you ever been right before, if not why would this time be any different.

Your Mum is right, going to the GP only seems to help you for a very short time before you start to worry again.

Did you get worksheets from your CBT, is this something your Mum could work through with you?

I really hope that they can find you some therapy that really works for you, it must be hell jumping from one thing to another.

tc Elen

Phil I see someone that is spiralling out of control and good on you for not Googling any more well done Yes I know what it's like to try and get a quick appointment (same day) with my surgery you have to call each morning at 8:30 to be seen the same day it's no use ringing after 9 for a appointment the next day you have to be up at 8:30 every day to be seen that day, not sure how it works in your area, so call on Monday and say you cant go on like this with your HA as it getting out of control make it clear you need to see your dr on this and get back in to therapy ATB

Many thanks for reading.

The appointments online to book appoinments get released at 7.30am/9.00pm at night, Phone calls hard to get through.

I am getting a phone call Wednesday, as I worried about my cysts on my testicles that something has changed, and fear it could be cancer, my mind thinking I may have advanced cancer because of the aches and how I am feeling.

I am seeing some in a couple of weeks time, as I was talking to someone who is helping my find work, an advisor, I told him I was worried I have the big c. so I been referred to one of their coaches to see whether she can help me.

It is hell for me and my parents,

I just feel every ache and pain is cancer.

The only time I been right about something when I had a tooth abcess, dentist gave me x-ray I had a tooth abcess.
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 23-03-18 at 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    Many thanks for reading.

The appointments online to book appoinments get released at 7.30am/9.00pm at night, Phone calls hard to get through.

I am getting a phone call Wednesday, as I worried about my cysts on my testicles that something has changed, and fear it could be cancer, my mind thinking I may have advanced cancer because of the aches and how I am feeling.

I am seeing some in a couple of weeks time, as I was talking to someone who is helping my find work, an advisor, I told him I was worried I have the big c. so I been referred to one of their coaches to see whether she can help me.

It is hell for me and my parents,

I just feel every ache and pain is cancer.

The only time I been right about something when I had a tooth abcess, dentist gave me x-ray I had a tooth abcess.
    Yes I get that I bet the line is engaged most of the time this may work. when its engaged use the number 5 on your phone it will then call you back automatically when the line is free I wlll say this once as reassurance is bad for HA'ers your pain is caused simply by prodding all the time that's it nothing more so stop this. It's good that one of the coaches is going to try and help but have they dealt with HA sufferers you need to ask this so do let us know how you get on ATB

As for my worksheets I did not get many, but he gave me a few techniques to try when I did CBT, she says that all cbt coaches have different techinques, more looking at my urine going into the bowl, maybe if I sat down to go it will make me feel better, but I am poay more attention to my urine whether I am seeing blood when I pee, even though the water never turns red, dark in the morning as that is normal for me.
    Its a never ending worry for me,

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information