Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 103

Thread: MRCP Scan.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,381

    MRCP Scan.

    I've had my appt come through today for my MRCP scan, it's next Wednesday. It's an MRI of the liver, gallbladder, biliary system and pancreas with IV contrast.

    Has anybody had one?

    Thanks

    ---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

    Bump

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    304

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Yes. Very similar to normal mri eg bit noisy. Dont really know much more , drs tend to not go jnto details . When j went for my results my gp was not there so i saw a locum. She didnt even know what an mrcp was. She had to look it up on computer while i was there. Wonder why i dont trust doctors?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10,655

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Glad this has finally come through for you, Matt and I hope it helps with your diagnosis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,381

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Quote Originally Posted by busterrufus View Post
    Yes. Very similar to normal mri eg bit noisy. Dont really know much more , drs tend to not go jnto details . When j went for my results my gp was not there so i saw a locum. She didnt even know what an mrcp was. She had to look it up on computer while i was there. Wonder why i dont trust doctors?
    Thanks. I had an MRI Feb 2017 for a herniated disc in my lumbar spine. Luckily i'm tall so my head was out. As this is going to be of my liver etc i'm going to be all the way in i'm not looking forward to it. How long did your MRCP take? Internet says anywhere from 15 to 45mins. I know my lumbar MRI lasted 16mins.

    Thanks

    ---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad this has finally come through for you, Matt and I hope it helps with your diagnosis.
    Thanks Pulisa. They still think it's probably gallbladder but want to make sure. It's been going on for 17 months now and very depressing and anxiety provoking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    304

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    I think it lasted about 20 mins , maybe a little longer. I had lumber one in jan. The mrcp was a bit noisier but you get headphones.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,381

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Quote Originally Posted by busterrufus View Post
    I think it lasted about 20 mins , maybe a little longer. I had lumber one in jan. The mrcp was a bit noisier but you get headphones.

    Thanks I wonder why the MRCP one was noisier as they are both done in MRI machines

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    304

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Think it's because the head is covered a bit more by the tube than with the lumbar one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,381

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Quote Originally Posted by busterrufus View Post
    Think it's because the head is covered a bit more by the tube than with the lumbar one.
    Thanks. It's the most horrid noise! Not sure how i'm going to cope but have diazepam on standby!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Hi Matt Never heard of this type of scan had a MRI one done a few years ago it was a bit noisy sounded a bit like the old dial up internet connections before broadband came along. Guess the extra loudness of this scan you are having is because of the level of power being used? I found this out when a lump on my leg had to be investigated they originally was going to put me in a high power MRI machine but I had to tell them I had a stent fitted as they didn't seem to have my records on screen?? But they said they were glad that I told them and would put me in a lower power MRI machine but it would take a hr as against 30 mins in the higher MRI machine, but both machines would give the same results time wise it all depends on the area's being acanned. Good luck with it and do let us know the results ATVB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,381

    Re: MRCP Scan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Matt Never heard of this type of scan had a MRI one done a few years ago it was a bit noisy sounded a bit like the old dial up internet connections before broadband came along. Guess the extra loudness of this scan you are having is because of the level of power being used? I found this out when a lump on my leg had to be investigated they originally was going to put me in a high power MRI machine but I had to tell them I had a stent fitted as they didn't seem to have my records on screen?? But they said they were glad that I told them and would put me in a lower power MRI machine but it would take a hr as against 30 mins in the higher MRI machine, but both machines would give the same results time wise it all depends on the area's being acanned. Good luck with it and do let us know the results ATVB
    Hi Dave, An MRCP is just the name they call it when they are MRI scanning your gallbladder, biliary tree, liver and pancreas. Yes i had an MRI Feb17 on my lower back. It's very noisey the MRI machine.

    Where is your stent?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-17, 09:28
  2. Mrcp scan anyone
    By MRS STRESS ED in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-10-15, 23:35
  3. CAT scan / brain scan
    By polly81 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-10-12, 13:55
  4. do i have the right to ask for an mri scan ?
    By sarah jayne in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-06-11, 21:40
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-09, 20:51

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •