Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

I am sure you are all receiving emails and text messages etc from loads of companies telling you all about this and how it affects you.

It comes into practice on 25th May 2018.

Please be assured that Alex and I will issue an update on how this affects you with regards to NMP.

The only personal information we hold about members is their email address but we will need to make changes to the privacy statement and inform members of what this means to them.

Please watch this space for further updates.

I just wanted to post this now before people start asking about it and wondering if we are aware of it - which of course we are

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Alex is in the process of updating the Privacy Policy and we have also removed 2 questions that you would have been asked when registering. One of these was gender (a compulsory question) which is now something you will have to optionally fill in once registered.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because I removed Sex/gender as a compulsory field to complete on your profile it looks like it is now blank until you go into your profile and update it.

This is not compulsory and you do not have to update it.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Love it V, thank you for the in depth explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Love it V, thank you for the in depth explanation.
    haha I thought it explained it well

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Our preferred method of storing any complaints data is usually in the shredder

Never Surrender, Comrade

Call centres existing only to talk to other call centres! But would that mean call centre A is stuck in a queue waiting for call centre B to answer who is also stuck in a queue waiting for call centre C to answer...thus creating a new age old question of "what is the meaning of call centres?".

Also, picture 2 explains a lot for me and why one comment caused some unexpected spam...

And why my web searches go so wrong...

I received a complaint today that when it is your birthday (and you have added this to your profile) that you get a very friendly automated email from NMP wishing you a happy birthday. This may break the GDPR rules so we have disabled it. You will still get a PM but not an email now.

Also, if you do not want to receive an email when you get a PM then you can change this in your profile.

Click on "Quick Links" and then "Edit options" and you will see this:
    2018-08-05_23-59-31.jpg

so uncheck the relevant box

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I received a complaint today that when it is your birthday (and you have added this to your profile) that you get a very friendly automated email from NMP wishing you a happy birthday. This may break the GDPR rules so we have disabled it. You will still get a PM but not an email now.

Also, if you do not want to receive an email when you get a PM then you can change this in your profile.

Click on "Quick Links" and then "Edit options" and you will see this:
    2018-08-05_23-59-31.jpg

so uncheck the relevant box
    I can understand a responsible member flagging it to you but not a complaint about something so trivial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information