Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling, My story

Re: I am planning my suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    We all look for a quick fix with mental health when really our mental health has deteriorated over a significant amount of time which sets up a very long n painful road to recovery.

If these thoughts are becoming really bad and you want to mix up your meds then the following could suit :

‘The first FDA-approved medication with an antisuicide indication was clozapine’

Also

Lithium can reduce suicidal tendencies in bipolar patients...

ECT is for severe treatment resistant cases so you are going to have to go through the medical Merry go round first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So true but in reality there is no quick fix wether its meds or therapy so hopefully the OP will get the right treatment to help them often it's a long journey as I have found out. ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Greycylinder View Post
    Thank you to everyone. I rang the crisis team who told me to put on some make up and Skype my daughter. I could no more do that than fly to the moon. A charity called The Listening Place is going to ring me this afternoon at 2.30. I will wait until then. I was better off all medication. I have a medical review on Tuesday if I can wait until then. Maybe they can taper off the drugs with diazepam which is the only thing which cslms me a tiny amount. I want to try ECT.
    That's terrible of the crisis team! SHAME on them!

At the start of 2013 i was feeling so bad my GP sen't me straight to A&E and i sat with my Mum waiting for 4 hrs. I knew people people there and after the wait a STUPID nurse comes in and shouts infront of a packed A&E you're not going to do anything stupid are you? How thoughtless! I then waited another 2 hrs to see someone more senior! So 6 hrs!

The phone call you're waiting for sounds good. Let us know how you get on.

My husband has gone to meet another woman . The Listening Place are going to ring me every day until I have my mediction review. I am terrifiedand want the pain to stop

That's sad Greycylinder If its not just a friend, so you are having relationship problems? Is he finding it difficult to live with your MH problems. Again there are places that offer support for this as well as this forum, you can count on us to be here for youATB

My husband has gone to meet another woman . The Listening Place are going to ring me every day until I have my mediction review. I am terrifiedand want the pain to stop

Hi ya. Are you on Facebook I have a group that message me daily and you can message them too they are great..

I hate suicidal thoughts/obsessions... I honestly do its part of my depression I don’t understand I really don’t get why I think those thoughts when I am depressed it’s horrible I have got so close to it. They are still daily thoughts nowadays i would use your diazepam sparingly to help relax you if they are causing you panic but they also can cause it.

Look quetiapine could be your issue here it is a common side effect and your need to see it through for months for them to reduce please don’t act and just realise your needed in this world x

I am trying to find the courage to take an overdose.
    Why? How do you know what's in the afterlife? It could be worse than life on earth with no way back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is always a trigger wether its the meds you are on or relationship problems going on in your life etc, have you any friends you can visit and talk to? keep talking to us we are here for you ATB

Yes, he is struggling with me because I'm not getting any better and he has his own anxiety issues. I found him on a dating website and he is active on there. We split up and reconciled last year but we're back at square one. I am on Facebook so I would like to join your group please Ben and I will sign up to the text talk too.

I think the Quetiapine is the issue too but I am being compliant. Only my daughter and son are stopping me from dying. I don't believe in an after life so that doesn't frighten me. I took 20mg diazepam yesterday but today only 10mg. I just need to be very careful while changing drugs. I've had SSRIs, SNRIs, Tri-cyclics and the current mix of Mirtazapine and Quetiapine. Nothing is helping really because my issues are abandonment and separation anxiety. My husband drinks and my son uses weed, both of which terrify me. If I say anything I am told that my depression is causing them to use. (not my son but my husband). He gaslights me all the time. One day he is wonderful, next horrible. He suffers from panic attacks and self medicates with alcohol. It's all a horrible, toxic mess.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Thank you all for caring enough to answer. I have managed to get out of bed and am putting on a brave face in front of my son and husband (who has come home) . Faking it til I make it :(((

Yes, he is struggling with me because I'm not getting any better and he has his own anxiety issues. I found him on a dating website and he is active on there. We split up and reconciled last year but we're back at square one. I am on Facebook so I would like to join your group please Ben and I will sign up to the text talk too.

I think the Quetiapine is the issue too but I am being compliant. Only my daughter and son are stopping me from dying. I don't believe in an after life so that doesn't frighten me. I took 20mg diazepam yesterday but today only 10mg. I just need to be very careful while changing drugs. I've had SSRIs, SNRIs, Tri-cyclics and the current mix of Mirtazapine and Quetiapine. Nothing is helping really because my issues are abandonment and separation anxiety. My husband drinks and my son uses weed, both of which terrify me. If I say anything I am told that my depression is causing them to use. (not my son but my husband). He gaslights me all the time. One day he is wonderful, next horrible. He suffers from panic attacks and self medicates with alcohol. It's all a horrible, toxic mess.

Thank you all for caring enough to answer. I have managed to get out of bed and am putting on a brave face in front of my son and husband (who has come home) . Faking it til I make it :(((
    Couldn't the 2 of you get some support together think that would be the way forward if you want to stay with him? Why not look at therapy to help you. tbh you MH problems maybe causing your husband problems which in turn (the 2 of you) might be causing your sons problems. And sorry alcohol will not help atall it may appear to do at the time but then the next day the problems are still there (:

I was similar and used food in a big way to blot out my unhappiness but I got help for that years ago. The other thing is does your husband wants to get better. Iam glad your daughter and son are giving you a very good reason to live that's positive some people don't even have that, so hang on to that thought it will get you through this ATB

I’m sorry this is a very sad story, I am similar to be honest I have a partner who I argue with constantly over nothing And it brings me down, I’ve been In therapy for 2 years now, I take mirtazapine and quetiapine. You have a lot on your plate are you in therapy ? You need to discuss your issues including the weed and alcohol. My partners family are like that and it’s twisted I hate them... I go round there and grandads stoned and grandma is on gin drunk ruling my partners life!! I hate it.

I’m on Facebook add me then I’ll add you to the depression help - I’m
    Ben Powell

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information