Thread: Herbal and conventional??

Question Herbal and conventional??

Hello Guys....

I havnt been here for a while but am absolutely fed up with my swollen ankles and legs that I thought I would come back to see if any of my old pals were still here and can advise me.

I currently take cipralex 10mg and Atenalol 25mg and have been doing so for quite some time. The issue is my swollen feet ankles and sometimes legs.... I have been to GP who says this is due to being over weight and the heat... ( I have put on about 3 stone since my last visit!!!). Thing is they are swollen if its cold or hot, If Im active or lazy!!!!

Anyway, had some blood tests recently that showed nothing very much new, only raised T4 cell count which my doc says is due to stress, I was hoping for a mirracle pill to take the weight off and swelling dow, but no such luck...Im not currently feeling very stressed although I do have a fair bit to contend with right now.......

Doc says she wont prescribe water tablets as these potentially will damage the kidneys but says I can take a herbal remedy to try and reduce the swelling (which is so unsightly it really makes me fed up!!). Problem is, when I visited the chemist they will not recommend anything as they say it should be a gp prescribing something due to other meds...

HELP!!!!!!! Anyway I have bought some Aqualette in the hope these work, but wanted to check whether it is okay to go ahead and take these in conjunction with my prescribed meds....

Blimey, what a long waffle for that little question. Anyway can anyone help??? MEG??

thanks in advance JO xx

Re: Herbal and conventional??

Hi Jo

Can't answer your question I'm affraid. I did a search and it says that if you're taking meds then to ask the pharmacy or Doc before taking them.

Thread Information