Thread: Questioning everything

Questioning everything

My depersonalisation has got very bad. Yesterday,I had a number of panic attacks all triggered by the thoughts of (non) existence and my own feelings. I don't know how to stop thinking these things because I feel like I've fallen into a loop of anxiety and obsessing over what's real and what's not....

Re: Questioning everything

Thank you so much for reminding me to think positively. I'm honestly so quick to forget the value and the importance of positive thinking. My therapist is constantly reminding me to feed my positive thoughts. It's a hard to do when you've spent 17 years thinking negatively.

I'm actually living with my partner, and things between us are great. I suppose I might still be adjusting to a new way of life, but other than that, he is very supportive, I manage to go out reasonably frequently, and I go to work every day...

Some brilliant advice from Raindrops there Ana. If I could just add what helps me to steer the focus away from my 'perception' of the world around me...if I feel 'unreality' coming on I ask myself 'you've had unreality feelings before but still functioned regardless'. I suppose it comes under the Claire Weekes school of thought. 'Let it do its worst'.

You said there that you go out frequently and hold down a job, never underestimate what achievements those are!!

Does anybody feel they can’t cope and head tension with a constant fog of depersonalisation?

Thank you, Raindrop and Fishman.
    I'm trying to do as much as I can. Sometimes I can only cope with Klonopin as the pressure and the panic become too much for me to bear. I've got a long-ish day at work today and a meeting to top it off. I'm terrified of today, but I'm telling myself I can always take half a Klonopin...

Phil, how come it's 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Does anybody feel they can’t cope and head tension with a constant fog of depersonalisation?
    What does it feel like for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad10 View Post
    What does it feel like for you?
    Just feel unreality and detached from everything and general anxiety plus tension in head..

Thread Information