Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotting

Spotting

Hi all,

I hope I can get some words of reassurance from other women on this forum, so the issue I am having at the moment is, my last period lasted 2 weeks, 7 days spotting before and then 7 days normal flow, I spoke to my gp and she said it could be due to stress and to wait another month before going for tests, so my period did stop for a week and then this Saturday I started spotting for 1 day, I am mid cycle and I have had this issue for over a year. So today I have no spotting, I am wondering could this be perimenopause I am 45 in a month and my mum had a early perimenopause, hers stated when she was about forty with erratic bleeding, also my eldest daughter had her first baby last month and I was worried about the birth, so maybe this messed me up this month.

Anyway I hope someone out there has had a similar problem and can help reassure me it's nothing sinister, as I am going out of my mind right now

Many thanks

Herbert x

Re: Spotting

Hi Herbert
    I had something similar last year which I think is peri menopause. For about 4 months on day 10 I would have small amounts of spotting. It looked like old blood and happened at the same time every month. After 4 months it stopped and hasn’t happened since. My periods have become much lighter and instead of my routine 28 day cycle I now have a period 26/27 days. Hope this helps x

Pinprick spots of blood

Hi all,

I'm just wondering does any of you ladies ever get pinprick spots of blood in there cervical mucus, it is almost invisible, I have only noticed it recently because I keep checking for spotting, and I only see it once every now and then, I am driving myself insane with the checking I actually fear going to the toilet now in case I am bleeding I have convinced myself that I have some kind of gynalogical cancer, I am nearly 45 and have had a clear smear in the last 10 months, if anyone has some reassuring messages I would be grateful .

Many thanks

Herbie

Re: Pinprick spots of blood

I don’t, sorry.
    Have you been to see your doctor yet? I can see this is really worrying you & we don’t seem to be able to give you the answers you need x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To scared to go to Drs

Morning all,

Firstly I am petrified of any test, I takes all my courage every 3 years to have my smear.

I know I have posted about this before, but I'm hoping someone out there will have had a similar problem, so 2 months ago my period was about 4 days late, this didn't worry me, then last month I started to spot 6-7 days before my period, then the spotting went into my period which lasted 7 days( normal for me)also last month I didn't get the mid cycle spotting for 1 day that I normally get, so my period stopped on the Sunday and I had no spotting that week , then on the Saturday I had the 1 day mid cycle spotting, since then I have had the odd pinprick of blood which I probably wouldn't have noticed had I not been looking for it, I am 4 days away from my period again and haven't had the spotting yet just the pinpricks of blood, I have been really stressing about this all month, and I am constantly checking I am actually scared to go to the toilet now, I was wondering if this could be the start of perimenopause, I did have night sweats a few months ago but they have subsided, I do have disturbed sleep waking 5-6 times a night, brain fog , joint pains especially back.

Anyway sorry to go on.

Many thanks

Herbie

Re: Spotting

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Cervical endometrial cancer

Hi all,

So I am getting myself in a right old state, I am totally convincing myself that I have cervical or endometrial cancer, as stated in my other post that I have had some episodes of spotting, I did have a smear 10 months ago which was clear, but I keep reading horror stories about women who have had clear smears and have gone on to develope cancer a year later, what's frightened me the most is even though I was spotting before having sex with my husband itmade the spotting heavier after and now I'm scared to have sex. Also I haven't had much spotting this month just the odd spot of blood no where near as much as last month, so I am hoping it's getting better, I did speak to the dr and she said it could be due to stress but the problem now is I am stressing myself out worrying about it, she said if it happened again she would do a scan to see if it was a polyp, but I'm scared to have this done, because the spotting is a lot better this month , I don't know whether to see how next month goes, I'm 45 in a month and thought maybe it could be perimenopause.

Many thanks

Re: Cervical endometrial cancer

Hiya
    Sorry to hear you're worried at the moment! What you've read online are exactly what you said they are, horror stories. Smear tests are very good at detecting these problems, the chances of you having anything after getting a clear smear test are very, very unlikely. Your doctor is also right, stress can cause things like this, as well as premenopause, diet changes, and many other things, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely to be anything worth worrying over.
    Of course, if you're still experiencing spotting definitely go back to your GP for the scan as it's a good idea, mostly to keep your mind at ease. Good luck with all of it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Made myself go to drs

Hi all,

So I decided to pluck up some courage and go to the Drs, the issue I had was the pre period spotting for 1 month, that did get a lot better, but I was still way to anxious to ignore it. So I booked the appointment for yesterday afternoon, when I arrived I was such a mess I couldn't even talk properly, I explained the problem, he said at my age it was more than likely perimenopause, but he still insisted he checked me over, so I had my cervix checked and swabbed all looked OK, then I he did a pelvic exam, all felt OK, and then I had a blood test for my hormone levels, now I managed to get through all this because I had no choice just to get on with it while I was there, my issue now is he still wants me to have a trans vaginal ultrasound, but this could take weeks to come through, has any other ladies had one of these or have been booked in but never went cause things settled down, funny thing is I am now a day or 2 late with no sign of bleeding, I am really hoping that my test comes back that my hormones are messed up, because I have really scared myself googling endometrial cancer and have convinced myself this is what I have.

By the way I will be 45 next month and have had night sweats fuzzy head spots and disturbed sleep.

Many thanks
    Herbie

Re: Made myself go to drs

You did well to go. the GP did standard checks he would always do with someone presenting as you did. the trans vaginal scan is nothing - less uncomfortable than a smear. At 45 it sounds like classic peri menopause where the only thing normal is abnormal. It really sounds fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information