Thread: Cramping and Spotting Mid Cycle on Pill - Cancer fear :(

Cramping and Spotting Mid Cycle on Pill - Cancer fear :(

Hello ladies,
    This forum is honestly the only thing that ever calms me down with my daily female health drama :L I have a doctor's appointment in a few days but just thought I'd ask here if any of you had experienced something similar. I had posted here over a week ago when my period felt way heavier than usual, but it finished up in the usual time it lasts so just thought it was a fluke. Yesterday however I started to get light brown spotting and felt really crampy, I'm on day 14 of Yasmin (which I've been on for three years), and it's not totally unusual for me to get cramps OR spotting, just never both at the same time. Seeing as I hadn't missed any pills, have taken them all on time, not sexually active and tested negative for all STD's, a Google search suggested the worst I had gotten a weird on/off pinchy sensation in my bladder for two days lately, so naturally am presuming the most dramatic outcome. I'm 22, and my HA is ruining my life. I got the HPV vaccine when I was in school and never used to worry about cervical/ovarian cancer but lately it's all I ever think of. Could this be a pill problem or worse?

Re: Cramping and Spotting Mid Cycle on Pill - Cancer fear :(

I was on Yasmin for 10 years and I experienced spotting some months with cramps until it stops and my GP told me it’s common and most women will have spotting at some point while on the pill. Have you been sick lately? Or taking anything that could affect it? I’d put it down to the pill over it being something to do with your health. I recently came off of Yasmin because it stated causing me problems.

Thanks for your reply, it's nice to know that not everyone finds Yasmin this amazing miracle worker :P I hadn't been sick lately, but for a few days I had been taking lots of Vitamin C, which I read can interfere with the pill's absorption, but read the total opposite on other sites so who knows Either way, I'm so sick of feeling constantly worried about female problems

Yeah honestly Yasmin is a NIGHTMARE. I was put on it and thought it would solve all my problems and now I’m off of it, I see how much worse they made them. Maybe talk to the doctor about swapping your pill? Or maybe trying another form of birth control? When I started spotting I instantly panicked about cancer so I understand!

I had problems with Yasmin too. I was on the pill for probably nearly ten years... first microgynon, then cilest, then Yasmin. I got on best with cilest. On Yasmin I constantly got thrush and had a really reduced libido and random spotting all the time! The pill can cause a bunch of weird issues and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Very unlikely to be anything sinister at your age. The only gynaecological cancer that would be even slightly likely to affect your age group (and still VERY unlikely!) is cervical and since you've had the vaccination your risk is even lower.

I'm sure your doctor will put your mind at rest. Even women who aren't on the pill will get random cramps and spotting occasionally. Please don't worry!

Hiya,
    Sorry to hear you're worried at the moment. Spotting and cramping are very common for women on the pill, I'm not on Yasmin but I am on the pill and I get spotting and cramping regularly, it's very unlikely to be anything more sinister than your pill playing up a bit! I've heard of lots of people having problems with Yasmin, perhaps at your doctor's appointment you may want to ask about changing pills if you're having difficulties with this one?
    Good luck!

Thread Information