Thread: Phenibut - nootropic

Phenibut - nootropic

Anyone ever tried the above ? I brought some from Biovea only 250mg and wondered if anyone had any experience with them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Phenibut - nootropic

It might be worth some Googling of other forums too on this one mate. I trust you understand the legal side with this and why that might mean not many people may have tried it before that changed?

I've seen a few threads about it before on here though so perhaps a search might reveal some older viewpoints?

(I don't want to worry you on the legal side, I've done the same myself a few times before and had no issues getting stuff. I doubt they are interested in things like this)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It might be worth some Googling of other forums too on this one mate. I trust you understand the legal side with this and why that might mean not many people may have tried it before that changed?

I've seen a few threads about it before on here though so perhaps a search might reveal some older viewpoints?

(I don't want to worry you on the legal side, I've done the same myself a few times before and had no issues getting stuff. I doubt they are interested in things like this)

Hi mate how are you! Hope your well.

The website appears British but it was actually sent by America and it had a customs Stamp on it saying checked and envelope was open and sellotaped shut so they checked it
    Out - I’ve done some checking on it and it seems to be quite a powerful drug . I’ve not tried it yet - but I will prob give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok mate. Back & forth to the doctors at the moment as had one of those over 40 health checks and got picked up for hypertension. So, it's test after test at the moment as standard.

Yeah I've used Biovea myself years ago. What they seem to do is register a PO box/office in countries but then they ship it from the US. It's a strange grey area where the law doesn't seem to care since it's legal for them to send it to the UK but no sell it directly in the UK. I can't remember but I assume they pass people to a US shopping cart?

I'm surprised it's been checked. I import some supplements from the US (some magnesium is cheaper to import with P&P than to buy the same brand in the UK!) and they sail straight through unchecked with supplement labels on the envelope.

Maybe US customs opened it? It wouldn't be an issue for them.

It's one of those grab all kneejerk reactions by the government like when they starting banning DHEA, GABA, etc due to the athletics scandals & date rape cases years ago. Just in this case it's the legal highs that have caused a mass ban of all sorts of things. I always thought if the US didn't feel the need, it's more political therefore safe.

Perhaps go slow with it and work up on dosage? Some seem to think it helps but I have seen people talk about withdrawal from it so avoid a cold turkey if you come off it.

Hi

So Phenibut doesn’t work but it actually increase my depression and suicidal thinking maybe the impact it has on my GABA b receptors whilst I also sometimes take diazepam which impacts my gaba A so I think they over stimulate my Gaba receptors and cause an imbalance which isn’t great.

So phenibut in the bin

Phenibut is a gabapentinoid GABA analogue which works similarly to pregabalin and gabapentin, but is more likely to produce dependency. Pregabalin would be cheaper and you'd know what you're getting which is not always the case with supplements.

Ugh ... how are you doing; Benjamin ?

When it was here as a natural supplement (early 90's - I think) I tried it and underestimated it and I was pretty ill for a while. Perhaps the alcohol didn't help along with other things I was likely on, as well at that time, so its hard to tell. I recall when GHB was also available and that did work. Really, akin to gabapentin I would say, but only for short term because it stops working after a few days.

I hope you're ok as I see you've not been here in a while going through your other postings/threads.

Thread Information