Thread: Anxiety/depression back after illness

Anxiety/depression back after illness

Hi all. I am currently taking 50mg of sertraline for the past 7 months. This is the second time round for me, first time I was on 100mg for about a year and a half.

I’ve been absolutely fine on 50mg but the weekend past just there, I became ill very suddenly. I developed a little headache that turned into a big one within about twenty minutes. Became shaky and unable to think. Had a strong urge to vomit and thought I was going to have the runs, so went to the toilet but neither happened. I couldn’t get up off the toilet for about twenty minutes as I was just too shaky. My husband took my temp and it was 39, gave me paracetamol and within half an hour I was much better.

Since then, I’ve had headaches on and off. I’ve been having random crying fits and waking up with anxiety again. I don’t know what caused it, my doc says it’s probably just a virus and it will pass. It was so sudden I think it gave me a shock.

I am now concerned the sertraline isn’t working anymore. It’s four days later and the anxiety is still there in the morning and my mood is still low. I’m desperate to feel normal again, but my doctor didn’t mention increasing the sertraline. I don’t really know what to do?

Re: Anxiety/depression back after illness

Sounds like you could boost your dose. If you were on 100mg before, that is probably the dose you should aim for. The symptoms your describing are common, I have that feeling almost at least once a week. I attribute it to the anxiety fighting my meds trying to get through. I try to wait them out and keep the Annie song in my mind "tomorrow", if it gets too over bearing I usually take half a klonopin and it gets me through.

Thread Information