Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making up scenarios of what's going to happen? Thinking the worst all the time

Making up scenarios of what's going to happen? Thinking the worst all the time

Hi guys, recently posted about my rib ache and of course fearing the word we all dread.
    Does anybody else convince themselves that everything tiny ache and pain is the big C? Then I make up these scenarios of what will happen, like I picture me telling my family and how I will go on in the hospital and how I'll cope with chemo etc.
    I can't get it out of my head sometimes, I wake in the morning then this feeling of dread comes over me thinking, well, why should I feel cheerful today when I got this cancer to deal with?
    I must say I haven't been diagnosed, it's just these stupid thoughts that go through my head.
    Anybody else think the same or is it just me?

Re: Making up scenarios of what's going to happen? Thinking the worst all the time

All the time, including every bump, lump, mark , I am worried about testicle cancer a tthe moment, I have never been diagonsed with anything, apart from a few cysts and part of my health condition which is not cancer, and not health anxiety/ocd etc.

Re: Making up scenarios of what's going to happen? Thinking the worst all the time

You are absolutely not alone with the intrusive tagged on thoughts. I spend a lot of time worrying about my family and hardly get any joy out of things that should feel great ... I got a brand new car yesterday but I was so worried all day about various pains and sensations. The anxiety takes the shine off life in general. HA is rubbish to deal with and you are definitely not alone. Hope things improve for you soon.

[QUOTE=unsure_about_this;1780372]All the time, including every bump, lump, mark , I am worried about testicular cancer a tthe moment, I have never been diagonsed with anything, apart from a few cysts and part of my health condition which is not cancer, and not health anxiety/ocd etc.[/QUOTE

Yes same here buddy, mine actually started with testicle cancer about 15 years ago, I didn't have it but did have an ultrasound, turned out to be a cyst, from then on my HA started, been great for a while but this rib ache has brought it all back on. I sit picturing the doctor telling me the worst and how I'll react, think i'll feel better when I get the actual results.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedTQ View Post
    You are absolutely not alone with the intrusive tagged on thoughts. I spend a lot of time worrying about my family and hardly get any joy out of things that should feel great ... I got a brand new car yesterday but I was so worried all day about various pains and sensations. The anxiety takes the shine off life in general. HA is rubbish to deal with and you are definitely not alone. Hope things improve for you soon.
    You have hit the nail on the head there. Anxiety takes the shine off life. So very true, took my niece on an easter train ride today, I really should of been enjoying it but I was still thinking about what might be wrong with me, I put on a smile for her of course but the health thing is always at the back of my mind.
    And thanks for the reply

I found out I had cysts from ultrasounds in 2016 and 2017, I got told I have two. It driving my parents mad worrying and keep going into the bathroom. I have a disability I am in my early/mid 30s should be living my life. I am going to be an uncle in October and I don't want my niece/nephew to pick up my anxiety from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    I found out I had cysts from ultrasounds in 2016 and 2017, I got told I have two. It driving my parents mad worrying and keep going into the bathroom. I have a disability I am in my early/mid 30s should be living my life. I am going to be an uncle in October and I don't want my niece/nephew to pick up my anxiety from an early age.
    Awww, congrats on your upcoming niece/nephew, I have about 17 now and none of them have picked up my anxiety so try not to worry too much about that mate.
    Just out of curiosity, what disability do you have? If that question is too personal I understand

Neurofibromatosis for health dyspraxia for disability

I can totally relate to this and I think a lot of us here will be able to. I often feel that I can't give myself permission to enjoy anything because it seems inappropriate if I have cancer. I too imagine in detail what it would be like to get a diagnosis and be lying on my sick bed dying. I hate having these thoughts as I feel that they are not really respectful to people who actually do have cancer, but it's all part of the anxiety. Are you seeing a counsellor? I have recently gone back into counselling and it is helping me but it's slow progress as I have been dealing with this most of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    Neurofibromatosis for health dyspraxia for disability
    Never heard of that mate.
    So you have a lot to deal with.
    I'm Jay by the way, thanks for the replies, you've made me feel a bit more calm

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    I can totally relate to this and I think a lot of us here will be able to. I often feel that I can't give myself permission to enjoy anything because it seems inappropriate if I have cancer. I too imagine in detail what it would be like to get a diagnosis and be lying on my sick bed dying. I hate having these thoughts as I feel that they are not really respectful to people who actually do have cancer, but it's all part of the anxiety. Are you seeing a counsellor? I have recently gone back into counselling and it is helping me but it's slow progress as I have been dealing with this most of my life.
    cattia..... OMG, Yes that's exactly what I do, picture myself getting chemo then been on my sick bed. And as you say, It's not respectful at all to those that are actually going through it.
    No, not seeing a counsellor but have been thinking of seeking one out, I've bee great for a long time, then this new pain I have has brought my anxieties back big time.

Quote Originally Posted by muzicdejay View Post
    Never heard of that mate.
    So you have a lot to deal with.
    I'm Jay by the way, thanks for the replies, you've made me feel a bit more calm
    I'm phil you don't have to worry about getting neither you are born with both, my mum got diagonsed with the same health conditon as me nf much later in life, she is doing okay.

I think we are think the worst I been going back to self help group sessions last week again after a 4 year gap I decided I could not go again with what someone was talkiing about was too upsetting but due to data protection and confidentally I can't say too much.

I hope I can see my nephew/niece quite a lot, I am already down for babysitting and nappy changing.

I hate all this worry when people do have serious health issues etc, like people who do have cancer, thankfully I only known one person to have cancer and that was my auntie she was caught very early being a nurse and testing as new way to test breast cancer, my dad's mum I think she died of cancer she was given 24 hours to live in 2000 and died about 20 hours later, I did not see the death certifcate I was too young.
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 01-04-18 at 21:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information