Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anxiety cause itching?

Does anxiety cause itching?

My health anxiety about lymphoma (because of my submandibular lymph nodes) has flared up once again. Yesterday, I started itching throughout my body. Just mild itching though, but still very disturbing to me.

Itching is related to lymphoma so I'm pretty scared right now. But then again, it might be due to my body reacting because of my anxiety. I honestly am frustrated, confused, stressed, scared... it's so hard.

Re: Does anxiety cause itching?

I believe so

I thought it was related to my liver issues (I'm not sure I actually have any liver issues but..you know)

Random parts on the body that seem to get itchy, nothing a quick scratch wont fix or ignoring it and it tends to fade quite quickly?

Currently been having it for about 3 weeks!, seems much worse in bed, barely have any when I'm forcing myself to be busy/distracted.

Mine itches in one area and it disappears after a few seconds only to appear in another area. 😥 It's not itchy enough that I can bear it without having to scratch. Since, well, it is a mild itch and it disappears and ~teleports~ to another part.

I also relate it to my lymphoma scare.

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

If you don't feel it when you're busy/distracted then maybe it really is an effect of the anxiety. I had other anxiety symptoms before, like the famous globus hystericus, but they all went away when I didn't worry anymore about my current reason for anxiety that time. 😥

if you sit there and concentrate on a body part and think about itching it will make the body part itch.... and the concentrate on the itching and more body parts will start to itch too

No itching isn't a symptom of anxiety BUT overthinking and the concentrating on one particular thing is.... the more you concentrate on something the more it appears... hence when you itch then another part itches..

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hello Emma

I still had the itching when I woke up this morning but it has certainly lessened and only appears again when I think about it. I shall not think about it and hopefully it goes away completely ASAP.

Will update when it does (or doesn't).

Quote Originally Posted by daisy4001 View Post
    Hello Emma

I still had the itching when I woke up this morning but it has certainly lessened and only appears again when I think about it. I shall not think about it and hopefully it goes away completely ASAP.

Will update when it does (or doesn't).

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I get really itchy when I’m tired. Anxiety makes me tired therefore anxiety makes me itchy. It seems perfectly explainable to me & far more likely than lymphoma. X

Just an update: Hello, it's been a month now and the itching stopped. Honestly, I think it was all attributed to my HA and ya know how your brain's so powerful that it can mimick the symptoms you read on some "symptoms checking site" and completely transfers you in a state of panic.

It's all in the head for me.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy4001 View Post
    My health anxiety about lymphoma (because of my submandibular lymph nodes) has flared up once again. Yesterday, I started itching throughout my body. Just mild itching though, but still very disturbing to me.

Itching is related to lymphoma so I'm pretty scared right now. But then again, it might be due to my body reacting because of my anxiety. I honestly am frustrated, confused, stressed, scared... it's so hard.

I’m in the exact same boat. I went taking pictures and was laying in the grass which always makes me itchy but for two days I’ve been have random little itching all over my body. In the morning I get results from a neck ultrasound and I have a midsized spot that the dr thought was structural but I think is going to show Lymphoma it sometning worsw. I’ve been reading about symptoms and I don’t remember itching like this before but I definitely am now! If it’s really just anxiety, then our minds are powerful, mean things! I hope you feel better soon!

Nah, that's probably just the grass and the whole "your mind is so powerful that it mimicks the very symptoms YOU DON'T want to ever have"

From what I've known and from what I've heard from someone who actually has had Lymph***, the itching symptom arrives on a later stage of the ca, accompanied by severe nightsweats.

Please don't worry about it and if you are generally feeling well, don't bother googling and just distract yourself from googling. Listen to your doctor well, they are pros in their field. But of course, still have a discerning mind and heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information