Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on STD test results

Unhappy Waiting on STD test results

Hey guys, I recently went to the GUM clinice to get tested for everything as I was worried about my DNA test saying I have the gene that if I contracted HIV my progress to AIDS would be slow. Now that sent me in a frenzy making me abelieve that somehow the ancestry test has picked up the virus in my body! I am now waiting for the results and it’s been a week since Monday when I got tested. I’m just incredibly nervous about the results because I have performed oral on a man who I don’t know his status but he is adamant he is clean because he got tested in September. I’ve been researching extensively and even though chances are slim, I still have bleeding gums when brushing. Not sure whether they were bleeding back then! I only even swallowed once (TMI) I do regret it now but I can’t shake this feeling and it’s making me physically ill. I have been reassured but someone with HA we always think but what if...

I just feel so scared and alone :(

Re: Waiting on STD test results

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousArsenal View Post
    Hey guys, I recently went to the GUM clinic to get tested for everything as I was worried about my DNA test saying I have the gene that if I contracted HIV my progress to AIDS would be slow. Now that sent me in a frenzy making me believe that somehow the ancestry test has picked up the virus in my body! :(
    I've never heard of a DNA test from Ancestry picking up a virus, where did you get this information from?

Have you had an HIV test? The new tests from an AIDS clinic take 20 mins to get the result after getting tested.

I guess you've asked a Dr what the chances are, but don't believe them. It's nigh on impossible to contract the virus this way. Any bleeding from your gums would have healed up by the time of your encounter plus the lining of the mouth protects against the virus.

For your own peace of mind get tested.

Hello Wisemonkey.

I was tested last week Monday and still waiting for the results. I feel so sick with anxiety and I just don’t know why! I just want them to hurry and contact me so I can take next steps or live in peace and never do what I did again.

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    I've never heard of a DNA test from Ancestry picking up a virus, where did you get this information from?

Have you had an HIV test? The new tests from an AIDS clinic take 20 mins to get the result after getting tested.

I guess you've asked a Dr what the chances are, but don't believe them. It's nigh on impossible to contract the virus this way. Any bleeding from your gums would have healed up by the time of your encounter plus the lining of the mouth protects against the virus.

For your own peace of mind get tested.
    So I took a ancestry test on MyHeritage. I then put it through to this website called Genomapp which looks at diseases or conditions you are susecetiple to or ones where you are unlikely to get. I have a gene which is called IL4RN or something and now it’s sent me into a panic. With these results when are they likely to contact me if something was wrong!?

[/COLOR] I have a gene which is called IL4RN or something and now it’s sent me into a panic. With these results when are they likely to contact me if something was wrong!?
    What makes you think this gene has anything to do with the HIV virus? It may be a marker for some genetic susceptibility you have, not a virus (but I'm not a Dr).

Give the clinic a call and ask for your results or ask when they'll be in.

Unhappy Re: Waiting on STD test results

What makes you think this gene has anything to do with the HIV virus? It may be a marker for some genetic susceptibility you have, not a virus (but I'm not a Dr).

Give the clinic a call and ask for your results or ask when they'll be in.
    I just rang and she said I’m not due a text until lunch time. I am now freaking out. If everything was okay why didn’t she just tell me over the phone that it was fine :(

That DNA test sounds bogus to me (a test that can tell that IF you got HIV it would be "slow progressing. Seriously?). Maybe I'm wrong, but at best it's a terrible idea for someone with HA to use a DNA test to fuel it like this. If one of your fears is HIV the best thing you can do in conjunction with getting professional help for your anxiety is to practise safe sex. Get your all-clear from this STD testing and then resolve to have safe sex from now on.

Just received the text and my results are clear! This has been the longest week of my life and the most painful but I’m glad I’m negative for everything! I’ve definitely learned my lesson!! Thank you for reassuring me.

Just received the text and my results are clear! This has been the longest week of my life and the most painful but I’m glad I’m negative for everything! I’ve definitely learned my lesson!! Thank you for reassuring me.
    Which proves you can't get HIV from oral sex, however with your bleeding gums, use protection or refrain When you plan to get into a monogamous relationship both get tested, then all will be well

Which proves you can't get HIV from oral sex, however with your bleeding gums, use protection or refrain When you plan to get into a monogamous relationship both get tested, then all will be well
    Thank you wisemonkey. I just hate having health anxiety. Now I’m sat here thinking what if they have missed something. What if it is a false negative. This is horrible. My last possible exposure was 9 months ago! Ah I hate this feeling.

Now I’m sat here thinking what if they have missed something. What if it is a false negative. This is horrible. My last possible exposure was 9 months ago! Ah I hate this feeling.
    No, these new tests are 100% accurate, as they test in two ways, they test the antigens and the antibodies, so you don't need to worry any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information