Thread: Collarbone lymph node

Collarbone lymph node

Saturday, I started to get a vague soreness in my mouth/throat. By yesterday, I realized it was wisdom tooth pain since I had a big bump there and you can see it red and coming in. My lymph nodes under my jaw are swollen and sore, as to be expected. The part that FREAKS me out is that I discovered that my collarbone lymph node is also swollen. It's about the size of a BB and I only discovered it because it was tender. Now anyone who freaks out about lymph nodes knows that this is the lymph node you do not want swollen.

I went to a new dentist today and he said my tooth is coming and a little bit red and infected, so he prescribed antibiotics. Do you think that this could be causing the collarbone lymph node to be swollen? I have been freaking out about it all day today and convinced I am doomed.

Re: Collarbone lymph node

A "BB" sized node, if it even is a node, is not "swollen".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Even though it is totally new and wasn't there before? Also is tender. I'm positive it is a lymph node.

Quote Originally Posted by megan91 View Post
    Even though it is totally new and wasn't there before? Also is tender. I'm positive it is a lymph node.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    A "BB" sized node, if it even is a node, is not "swollen".
    Ok Dr. Megan

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ha if I was Dr. Megan, I'd probably have the sense not to freak out about things like this

Its SO hard to determine when you feel a lymph node if its actually "swollen" or not. I discovered one on the base of my neck back in January. My Dr. and ENT both said its slightly swollen according to ultrasound and by feel. It feels like a pea and movable (not tender though) both claimed it to be reactive and wants me to follow up with another ultrasound in May. Its still there, still the same. I know how you feel though, its so difficult for me to accept its reactive considering its been almost 3 months since I discovered it. So I'm thinking a shotty node maybe?

I have a few shotty lymph nodes, one in my cheek, one in my neck, and one next to my ear. They've been there for years and I never worry about them. If the doctors aren't worried, I would relax a little about it then.

It's the fact that this is by my collarbone that I'm freaking out. Because everywhere i read says it does not swell due to infection, just cancer. Like great. No other symptoms, other than my wisdom tooth pain and the lymph nodes hurting under my jaw. But no night sweats, excessive tiredness (I do have a 9 month old though so ) and whatever else are lymphoma symptoms. I just have this stupid lymph node. I'm debating whether to finish the antibiotics and then go if it's still the same/bigger or go now. But it is SO hard not to keep touching it and it's only been a day and a half!

Quote Originally Posted by megan91 View Post
    I have a few shotty lymph nodes, one in my cheek, one in my neck, and one next to my ear. They've been there for years and I never worry about them. If the doctors aren't worried, I would relax a little about it then.

It's the fact that this is by my collarbone that I'm freaking out. Because everywhere i read says it does not swell due to infection, just cancer. Like great. No other symptoms, other than my wisdom tooth pain and the lymph nodes hurting under my jaw. But no night sweats, excessive tiredness (I do have a 9 month old though so ) and whatever else are lymphoma symptoms. I just have this stupid lymph node. I'm debating whether to finish the antibiotics and then go if it's still the same/bigger or go now. But it is SO hard not to keep touching it and it's only been a day and a half!
    I have read all the same stuff you have. I know how difficult it is, trust me. Give it some time, the fact that it literally just popped up and you said its tender points to good things. I'd give it a couple weeks, at least, before heading back to see your Dr. Although I completely understand how difficult that is. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

It was tender. Now it's not, but it could be the antibiotics doing its thing. That what I tell myself lol. I haven't seen a doctor yet, just a dentist because when this first happened, BEFORE I GOOGLED lol, I was certain my tooth was the cause.

I did have a really bad clogged milk duct on Sunday that took 24 hours to finally get resolved, so it could have been getting infected too. Grasping at any straw that says it is not cancer. Not touching it is the hardest thing.

Just want to update because whenever I went looking for info on collarbone lymph nodes, no one updated unless it was bad news. Anyway, I'm almost done with my antibiotics and the lymph node is gone or at least almost gone. I'm not going to go dig for it. So not allllllll collarbone lymph nodes are bad news. I'm pretty sure mine was caused by a wisdom tooth infection.

Thread Information