Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much diazepam will your GP prescribe?

Re: How much diazepam will your GP prescribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I've been on 5mg 2 x daily for 15 years with no need to increase.
    My GP prescribes 100 at a time with 3 repeats each time.
    It took me a long time to find a GP in London who isn’t ANTI-BENZODIAZEPINES. I have chronic severe muscle spasm and diazepam is the only thing that helps. I used to get a weeks worth and then the GP said you can’t get any more until 3 months time... anyway beginning of this year I found a Senior GP who owns the practice and I told him everything since then he prescribes me 28 Diazepam 2mg every 3-4 weeks. I went to see him today and he actually put it onto my repeat prescriptions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike998e View Post
    It took me a long time to find a GP in London who isn’t ANTI-BENZODIAZEPINES. I have chronic severe muscle spasm and diazepam is the only thing that helps. I used to get a weeks worth and then the GP said you can’t get any more until 3 months time... anyway beginning of this year I found a Senior GP who owns the practice and I told him everything since then he prescribes me 28 Diazepam 2mg every 3-4 weeks. I went to see him today and he actually put it onto my repeat prescriptions now.
    Good to hear

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike998e View Post

If you do research you will find that benzos are prescribed long term for conditions that are less exposed to addiction. So muscle relxant, pain, epilepsy and seizures are all conditions where benzos can be prescribed long term. They are usually in higher doses too. Clonazepam is an anti epileptic and can go to doses of 20mg a day but when prescribed for panic disorder It is 1mg a day. Given the nature of the illness you are more likely to get an addiction to a product the provides immediate relief than a product that maintains a health wellbeing. You take diazepam because it relaxes your muscles in your back, you don’t take diazepam because it gets rid of life’s problems and makes you feel warm and fuzzy. That’s the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also take it as a muscle relaxant.
    When I broke my neck many years ago a GP put me on 90mg/day.
    I only took 45 but it was still hard getting off it.
    I take 5mg x twice daily now for my back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

My gp gives me 42x2mg when I need them I take more than one but only if I am really really bad and that doesn't happen very often because I'm on disability so they last me a long time.
    Last edited by Sandra1980; 23-11-18 at 13:46.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information