Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: throat issues- please respond/help?

Re: throat issues- please respond/help?

Just curious... A few years ago you took a break from the forum as your therapy taught you that reassurance seeking was detrimental to your recovery. You went over two years without posting and started again in 2017 and it seems like you're spiraled back down the HA rabbit hole

Whatever you did during those two years must have been working. I don't know if you're still in therapy or taking meds but perhaps it's time for a refresher course?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi .You're right. I tried really hard and thinking about that time not only put CBT into practice but had others issues to distract me. I am indeed going back down that rabbit hole but as happens when you are there I can now not see beyond throat cancer - the ' I WAS WRONG ALL THE OTHER TIMES BUT THIS ONE iS DIFFERENT'. I will see my GP about having some more CBT. Trouble is that I know the theory inside out - it is applying it that is so difficult. I keep thinking - if I can get myself past this one I'll be ok - but know the reality of the next HA just around the corner. I became a grandma 12 weeks ago and ever since have been spiralling - scared I'm not going too be here to enjoy him. I'm so desperately seeking someone who has experienced the same and it NOT be cancer. It is a very scary place

Susie I can hear my pulse in my ear and have done since I can remember and I've just become more aware of it lately. My throat feel awful and further down feels strained and I've difficulty swallowing. My doctor said it's anxiety related. But that's not to say I don't have a virus/sinus problems... I'm just so aware of it. As I type this I've my back bunched up as I'm so anxious. Also my ears are blocked too and my eyesight is awful and I've been told that's another anxiety symptom.. so try and do something that distracts you, if you aren't well enough to go for a walk, try some meditation. Anything that will take your mind away for a bit.

Thankyou for your reply. The pulsing has actually lessened a bit but my throat feels like I'm swallowing glass. \it is worse in the mornings and at night but is scaring me bacause it has been like this for over 4 weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by susie1 View Post
    Thankyou for your reply. The pulsing has actually lessened a bit but my throat feels like I'm swallowing glass. \it is worse in the mornings and at night but is scaring me bacause it has been like this for over 4 weeks now
    It's like when you pick and pick a spot it's never going to clear up. I'm assuming that's what is happening here. My problem is going on near 3 weeks and I've diagnosed myself with everything. If I focus on the fact it's my anxiety playing tricks well then it doesn't spiral out of control.

I know you're right. It's so hard though

Congrats Grandma! So what are you?.. Grandmom? Mom Mom? Nanna? Names for a grandmother vary and all are endearing. Boy? Girl? Name? My daughter is dating a really great guy and it looks like it's heading for marriage so I hope I'll get the experience of being a Pop Pop in the next few years

If you've read my threads, you know I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. Trust your doctor. Nothing you posted indicates anything sinister. Remember...

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Get out those CBT worksheets and do some homework ya hear! Don't let this spoil what should be a very happy time. Best to the little one!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thankyou for your kind words. I will sort out the CBT. I will log onto the site you recommended now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information