Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breast lump again

Re: Breast clinic appointment came through already

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    After doing really good the past few weeks i can feel my anxiety starting to creep up on me again. Ive started feeling the lump again and its not as prominent as i thought it was and you probably wouldnt notice it if you didnt have anxiety. Im hoping this just a bad day im having
    Same here, exactly!!

Re: Breast clinic appointment came through already

The same thing has been happening to me lately.

I have a breast cyst confirmed by 3 different ultrasounds but it's been hanging around for over a year now. It's in an area of my breast where there is less tissue (bottom right of the right side) and so you can really feel it.

I've recently noticed that it almost goes away during the second half of my cycle, to where I really have to look for it and if you didn't know it was there you'd probably miss it entirely. I think it gets bigger in the first half for some reason. It's fluid filled, so something must be making it fill and then deflate. It's so weird and it's driving me completely nuts!

Worried about breast lumps once again

So i've been doing really well recently then tonight i was driving in my car and scratched my breast and felt a lump. One i've felt before and had a thorough examination from a breast surgeon at the breast clinic in september but now i'm worried again. Thinking maybe hes missed it or its gettin bigger. The surgeon said i have benign lumpy breasts but this breast is a lot lumpier than the left but it always has been. Im due my baby in 11 weeks and dont want this fear taking over my life again

Re: Worried about breast lumps once again

Hi Hun. I have cystic breast tissue so my left breast is always quite lumpy. I’m 25 weeks pregnant with my second baby and I noticed that they’ve got significantly lumpier in the last couple of weeks. I’m sure it will be down to hormones If you are worried maybe go to doc to put your mind at rest. X

Im trying my hardest to not go to my gp as i know it will jst make me worse. Do you think i should be reassured by being to the breast clinic in september?

Breast fear again

I'm back to being a wreck about a lump that i originally attended my gp about. Even though i've been seen at the breast clinic by the breast surgeon my health anxiety is telling me its new and got me thinking the worst again. I cant stop touching it and when i dont think i can feel it by doing it with 3 fingers i use one to make sure i can feel it then go into panic mode. Its like a gristly bit of tissue above my nipple. When i attended the breast surgeon he examined and said it felt like normal lumpy breast tissue. It wont be helping that im pregnant i suppose but i cant stop worrying again. I was doing so well too for ages

Re: Breast fear again

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    I was doing so well too for ages
    Have a look back on your post history, I am afraid that you havent been doing well.

As always you really need to tackle the real problem not the symptoms of it.

Hormone changes while being pregnant probably are not helping your anxiety but also over the years you do seem to have a pattern of having bouts of HA around stressful times.

Sorry if the above sounds harsh, but it really is the only answer.

I understand your fear completely. The last 2 solid years have been breast worries for me. Dimples, lumps, itchy/burning nipples, red marks. I'm tired of it. I just saw my Ob/Gyn this last Friday for a lump I was feeling. She gave me some good tips and I thought I'd share them with you to help ease your fears.

First of all she told me you are looking for changes not lumps exactly. Has that lump changed at all or is it the same? If its the same, then you're fine. Second she gave me some tips to be able to tell if its normal tissue or not.

1.) Rock hard or soft? She said you are looking for rock hard like a piece of coral or a bumpy hard rock. So if you can squish it/flatten it/bend it then its most likely breast tissue or a cyst.

2.) Does it move? I had the moveable thing all wrong. I thought movable meant that I can move the lump around by itself. She said movable means it moves WITH your breast tissue. So if you move the tissues around the lump and the lump moves with it then its also breast tissue. She said bad things anchor down and cannot be moved. When you move the tissue and it stays behind then it needs to be looked at.

3.) Feel with the FLAT of your 3 middle fingers not your finger tips, if you feel with your finger tips you are going to separate normal breast tissue and make it seem like lumps.

4.) If you find something to focus on don't feel it constantly/daily/hourly etc. all that is going to do is make it feel harder and swollen which makes it seem like something scary. She said if you feel something that concerns you, give it a couple of weeks and check it again. Most likely it softened up or went away.

5.) Cysts don't always come and go with your cycle. Some cysts do but some last for years.

I hope that helps! *hugs*

I cant take this anymore. I keep telling myself if the bread surgeon was worried at all he would order an ultrasound but then my anxiety is telling me he's missed something. I cant stop poking and prodding the bread its driving me insane

I've got 4 weeks left until my baby is due and all i can think about is breast cancer. In the past 2 years i've been seen at the breast clinic 3 times so i should be happy that nothing was worrying to the surgeon but i cant stop thinking theres something sinister going on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information