Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

Terrible news, fishman. I'm very sorry to hear Mrs F's mother figure is so ill.

I guess you will have to weigh up the risks of hospital, and whether you can keep her safe, against the possibility of a visit to say what needs to be said. It's a difficult call for you and MrsF might want to see her and to hell with it all as is quite natural.

We're here for you mate. Vent all you want, like Carnation says many of us will understand stupid family members.

Thank you Pulisa and Terry for your kind words. The lady in question has been there for Mrs F over the years when her biological mother wasn't. Her answer to a problem has always been to put the kettle on, that stereotypical British reaction to a crisis. Then a good chat with biscuits. She has been partially disabled since 1978 when she was hit by a car.

Mrs F is shielding again so I'm not sure about hospital visiting. This year really has been the pits hasn't it.

Fishman, can Mrs F write the lady a letter that could be sent to the hospital and even read out by a nurse if needed. It might help Mrs F to process her own grief and emotions too. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Fishman, can Mrs F write the lady a letter that could be sent to the hospital and even read out by a nurse if needed. It might help Mrs F to process her own grief and emotions too. x
    Sorry Carnation I've only just seen this. I can suggest it to her, its a good idea thank you.

That's ok fishman, I sometimes miss messages x

OK guys I didn't want to resurrect this thread again as I don't like to whinge. And there are lots of other people on these boards who are struggling just as much and then some. But is anyone having increased anxiety over the inevitable lifting of the lockdown? I didn't seem to get any reaction after the first lockdown last year. I don't know why, maybe it was because it was all unique and unprecedented.

But this lockdown has in effect been throughout the whole winter. I haven't sat in my Dad's house since November I think. So we could well ask 'how could we not get anxious after all that time and all this state of being shut down?' Adding to that mix, I have increasing frailty of my Dad and Mrs F's friend who is still with us incredibly. And then there's Mrs F's own problems that are ever present and appear back at square one after the cessation of the steroids.

So this resulted in a full blown panic this afternoon, it had to come at some point but she needs taking for her jab tomorrow. Does anyone know of a little bothy in the Scottish Highlands that's free for an indefinite period?

Yes, I am fishman especially as I live in a holiday destination and thousands will be flocking here from April. let alone the casual approach of getting back to normal. I've had more panic attacks in the last few weeks than the last few years. If it's not panic, it's high anxiety. So should I dare say it's probably a normal reaction you had today. On top of that you have 3 people that are vulnerable or poorly. So your shoulders are weighted down with worry and awareness of something occurring that you have to deal with.
    My advice is to take the back to normal slowly and find time for self care for yourself. It's really important you do that. x

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK guys I didn't want to resurrect this thread again as I don't like to whinge. And there are lots of other people on these boards who are struggling just as much and then some. But is anyone having increased anxiety over the inevitable lifting of the lockdown? I didn't seem to get any reaction after the first lockdown last year. I don't know why, maybe it was because it was all unique and unprecedented.

But this lockdown has in effect been throughout the whole winter. I haven't sat in my Dad's house since November I think. So we could well ask 'how could we not get anxious after all that time and all this state of being shut down?' Adding to that mix, I have increasing frailty of my Dad and Mrs F's friend who is still with us incredibly. And then there's Mrs F's own problems that are ever present and appear back at square one after the cessation of the steroids.

So this resulted in a full blown panic this afternoon, it had to come at some point but she needs taking for her jab tomorrow. Does anyone know of a little bothy in the Scottish Highlands that's free for an indefinite period?
    You can go stay with Phil

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You can go stay with Phil
    Now that just made me laugh out loud!! Just me and Phil?? He doesn't like holidays in his own country though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Yes, I am fishman especially as I live in a holiday destination and thousands will be flocking here from April. let alone the casual approach of getting back to normal. I've had more panic attacks in the last few weeks than the last few years. If it's not panic, it's high anxiety. So should I dare say it's probably a normal reaction you had today. On top of that you have 3 people that are vulnerable or poorly. So your shoulders are weighted down with worry and awareness of something occurring that you have to deal with.
    My advice is to take the back to normal slowly and find time for self care for yourself. It's really important you do that. x
    Bless you Carnation I've read your main thread and realised you were struggling. So your own emergence from lockdown will see crowds of strangers on your streets. Brilliant. I wish I could make things easier for you, but maybe we will surprise ourselves. Nothing is set in stone and I most of all need to realise this. But its nevertheless a fact that lockdowns, while controlling effectively a dangerous virus, do come at a heavy price. You look after yourself too.

Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information