Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

Just wanted to say I was thinking of you

Sorry fishman, I've only just caught up with this thread.
    Ok. I'm thinking a diagnosis like that would normally be followed up with either treatment, medication, diet change or Op. Can I ask whether this news came direct or second hand from Mrs F. I'm not totally clear on that one.
    The other thing is I'm baffled that a severe diagnosis is not picked up before it is severe. There would have been signs along the way, other symptoms and a feeling of being generally unwell.
    The liver deals with all our food and ships out anything we can't digest. It's a large organ that sits under the breast bone and the bulk of that organ sits mainly to the left hand side. Has Mrs F been getting pain /discomfort? How's her digestion? Does she consume a lot of sugar? Fatty foods? What was said in full at the appointment fishman?
    Have you spoken to the doctor yourself as to what to-do and where do you go from here?
    I know the news must be upsetting to say the least, but now you have to see where you go from now on.
    Big hugs

Thank you Catkins and Carnation OK after dropping Mrs F at the door I struggled finding a place to park. When I got inside she'd gone through to the ultrasound. So I decided to wait. She came out and told me, 'severe cirrhosis'. Which is as bad as it gets. She's had blood tests which show high markers for a liver enzyme that signifies damage.

The consultant in September told her to exercise, at that time his opinion would have been guided by those blood tests and her symptoms on that day. Apparently people can have liver damage and show very few symptoms. That's because the liver compensates very well. She's very rarely been well over the last decade at least.

Going back further, she had cirrhosis in 2014 when having her gallbladder out. Apparently the surgeon mentioned it. Anyway whatever will be will be.

But thank you all you wonderful people, you're very special

It won't hurt to up the greens and adjust the diet to help fishman. It does mention exercise but somehow I don't think that's practical for Mrs F.
    The liver is a remarkable organ and quite capable of repairing itself, but like you say fishman, whatever will be, will be.

OK here I am again after another bout of somnambulism. Last night I woke in the kitchen to find I'd 'cooked' in the microwave a bowl of milk with nuts in it. And sure enough this morning there are soggy nuts in the bin.

However, this time I've injured my right hip/bum cheek. I'm struggling to lift that leg up, so took ibuprofen and put deep heat on it. There feels like swelling there too. And this has occurred with Mrs F in hospital. A coincidence? Possibly but it does seem odd. I have zero recollection of whatever happened with the hip.

I'm trying to work out why you woke up in the kitchen and why you'd be heating up milk with nuts in it. Was it some sort of cereal? Had you slept in the kitchen all night / part of the night?
    You'd certainly have a sore hip bum if you'd been sleeping on a hard chair in the kitchen.

Yes I probably didn't explain that very well Carnation. I'd gone to bed as usual, but the next thing I know, I'm heating up milk in which there are nuts. Presumably put there by me. It would have to be sleepwalking (the somnambulism).

The hip feels a little better today and Mrs F is out of hospital.

Ahh, I understand now fishman, well, sort of.
    How are you feeling now? And is Mrs F OK?

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread Information