Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

Hi Fishman. There won't be any problem with your Dad getting the CT scan of all three areas, i really don't understand why the consultant said they will try. A CT scan is quick, very quick. The area's they call it is Pelvic, abdomen and thorax/chest and take no more than 10 mins. If your Dad is having contrast then it takes longer but the scan time is the same.

All the best with everything Fishman and Family.

Thanks guys, I'm really touched by your support. When my Mum was ill, she was very bitter about having cancer. I can understand why because she had a typical smoker's lung cancer but had never smoked. In fact she lead a healthy life but then its the luck of the draw.

With my Dad, he is seeming to accept the situation passively, which feels worse. But as has been pointed out, he is likely coming to terms with his mortality better than I am. I'm letting my sister take him for the scans, then once we get the results we will know for sure.

I hope he gets these scans done asap. It's horrible waiting and not knowing but your Dad is probably taking it in his stride. Not that you could be expected to of course.
    Please keep posting on here if it helps? We will all try to support you through this ordeal.

Thank you Pulisa, the support from you guys makes all the difference. Not just through the fact of losing loved ones, but from the anxiety point of view as well.

We all understand and empathise, Fishman. You can talk about anything on here and we will be here for you.

Fishmanpa

This is a bit of a late response - I not long been on/used this site, but have noticed how you always try to help/reassure others ( me included) etc - despite having had to deal with so much yourself ..Its times like this when I wish I could wave a magic wand and help/assist all the good people - that have had to cope/deal with so much.... Its not much help, but you are in our thoughts - and hope you are able to take some deep breaths and be given some respite from so much anx/worry etc

Quote Originally Posted by willieverbefree View Post
    Fishmanpa

This is a bit of a late response - I not long been on/used this site, but have noticed how you always try to help/reassure others ( me included) etc - despite having had to deal with so much yourself ..Its times like this when I wish I could wave a magic wand and help/assist all the good people - that have had to cope/deal with so much.... Its not much help, but you are in our thoughts - and hope you are able to take some deep breaths and be given some respite from so much anx/worry etc
    Hi willieverbefree, you might be getting me confused with Fishmanpa. I don't think I'm quite as charitable but thank you all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hi willieverbefree, you might be getting me confused with Fishmanpa. I don't think I'm quite as charitable but thank you all the same.
    I hate it when that happens I was always getting mixed up with Buster Douglas the boxer , I can't tell you the amount of fights I got into over that
    Hope you are still hanging in there ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    I hate it when that happens I was always getting mixed up with Buster Douglas the boxer , I can't tell you the amount of fights I got into over that
    Hope you are still hanging in there ok .
    If anyone confused me with Tulisa they'd get a black eye and a trout pout!

Best wishes to you, Fishman.

Its funny you should say that Pulisa, I was going to ask how Dappy was My sister is coming up tomorrow. Her, my Dad, Mrs F and myself are going to put some flowers on Mum's grave, she died 20 years ago tomorrow. I'm bearing up guys, thank you for asking.

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information