Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

I think it's incredible that your Dad has managed to stave off osteoarthritis until the grand age of 88! A lot of middle aged people have got it as a matter of "ageing" and "wear and tear".

You sound as if you are getting things sorted in your mind which can be comforting. I'm always better with a plan of action and I hate not having things "sorted". I think it comes from always having to be one step ahead.

You do so much for your Dad despite having Mrs F to care for during her flare-ups but if other family members can step in to lighten your load they are only doing their fair share.

That's very kind of you Pulisa thank you. Yes my Dad is very lucky, I've told him that myself. His trouble is he still thinks he's 28 not 88 and thinks he should be able to do these things.

Anxiety up this evening but I shopped for him the other day so can do it again tomorrow.

When your old man starts to act like he's 88 then he will be in trouble, some of the old buggers I deal with in their 80s put me to shame , as one put it to me " at my age you can't put things off until tomorrow " and another said " I saw two jumpers in a sale I thought about buying both but then thought one will last me out "
    If it all gets too much and you feel like you can't cope like I do at times let me know I'll come and pick you up and we'll sod off on a road trip .

Sounds good to me Buster I'm a big fan of the Lake District

It's good to hear you sounding a little more calmer today fishman.

If I had the chance to go on a road trip I don't know where I would want to go. Where would everybody like to go if the sky was the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If I had the chance to go on a road trip I don't know where I would want to go. Where would everybody like to go if the sky was the limit?
    All the way round the coast of the uk , start on the east coast down past carnation and Matt , across the south coast to Cornwall ( love Cornwall ) up through wales and head for Scotland as summer comes on its s fair bit cooler , head back home through Peak District , Derbyshire dales .
    It might be clear I've thought about this before maybe one day on an adventure before dementia.

A coastal trip sounds just the job Buster, though that would be some distance if we include all the islands too!!

Well today I did my Dad's shopping, he wasn't up to coming round so sat in the car. And I was ok? Only mild anxiety, figure that out if you can That's often the way with anxiety though, predictable in its unpredictability. I'm expecting a better day tomorrow so no doubt it will be a stinker.

Hey, you could do a tour and stop off at all our houses.
    Or better still, pick us up on the way and we could all end up in an anxiety free zone.

There's a book called, 'Travels with Charley'.
    It's from one of my favourite authors; John Steinbeck.
    A travel Biog about one man and his dog that travels in a camper over parts of America in the 60s.
    It's a very funny adventure and worth a read.

Well done fishman for coping today.

Yes, well done Fishman! There's no rhyme or reason to anxiety-for me not caring about it gets me through the day.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information