Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

Thank you again guys for your support. I seem to be expecting a lot of it lately when you have problems of your own. OK yes I get what you're saying, that I should be 'honoured' that its me he chooses to be this emotionally connected with. But nevertheless, its still cast a shadow over the day.

Meanwhile the other family members are having a laugh via WhatsApp. He reserves his frustration for me.

Note - a long break after being invited along the road for a drink. Plus being interrupted endlessly by Mrs F. She bought me some oven gloves for Xmas. No don't say anything.

The bottom line is that he's my Dad so I must do my best by him. It's really not easy though, not at all.

[QUOTE=fishman65;2064263]She bought me some oven gloves for Xmas. No don't say anything. /QUOTE]

Ok I promise I won’t say anything…….but only if I’m allowed to think it.

No it’s not easy, I know. We can only do our best. Neither of us are angels. We are humans just doing everything we can and coping with family members who do our heads in.

We will get through this. Stay strong.

Ghost…Spillways

ote - a long break after being invited along the road for a drink. Plus being interrupted endlessly by Mrs F. She bought me some oven gloves for Xmas. No don't say anything.
    I had to reread this several times

I am desperately trying not to say anything about the oven gloves, but in the spirit of the season I will just assume that they are really good ones that you wanted.

Darksky, Carnation and Scass, thank you. It's ok, the oven gloves as an Xmas present say more than I ever could. And I am grateful, though they're a bit 'stiff' and need breaking in. I've always used tea towels.

I phoned my Dad this lunchtime. He sounded slightly better than yesterday and didn't have a go at me. He doesn't hold the monopoly on loneliness at Xmas anyway, I'm sitting here with our black lab for company and haven't seen a family member all day or will. Unless Mrs F gets up or our daughter comes back from BF's today. Tbh she's quite disappointed me with regard to my Dad. She always had a very close relationship with him, we used to say she was his favourite grandchild. But she's not seen him since about July.

I could do a whole line of that emoji fishman and I'm trying not to judge your family.

Criticising you and yet not seen him since July?

At least now we can say Christmas is over so that particular stress can be put away in the loft until next year.

I hope Mrs.F has got up to give you some company by now. Being alone can be miserable unless you are one of those happy people who thrive on their own company. Which I’m not. I like to talk too much.

Christmas day and Boxing Day in the hospital…..there were more people on the island Tom Hanks was washed up on in Castaway. I was thinking of taking a ball called Wilson to keep her company. She’s going mad with boredom, getting so contrary. Won’t read, won’t look at magazines. She’s on a ward with other elderly women. The problem is they’ve all got dementia. The noise in there is awful, so distressing. It’s fortunate she’s hard of hearing really. So she has no company. There’s free TV until midday but she won’t ask for it because she “can’t be bothered”. Urghh, I want her out but although she’s stopped coughing, her leg is bad, slightly less red but not good enough to get her on her feet yet.

Ghost…Spillways

Carnation and Darksky Shake your head as much as you like Carnation. Mrs F got up and has been talking a lot about her epilepsy recently. Now this could be 1 - a genuine relapse or 2 - a 'Lets get the attention back on me' campaign launch. So two forces pulling on either side with yours truly at the centre of the storm.

I should imagine Tom Hanks's island would be your ultimate nightmare Darksky. Wilson doesn't say a lot other than perhaps complaining he feels deflated. Seriously though, I do hope your Mum can come out of hospital soon. Does she normally read? There is always activity in hospitals though, all through the night as well. I don't know that from personal experience (yet) but have been reliably informed.

Sometimes being on a Tom Hanks's island is appealing, although it would have to be accompanied by a full library.

I've had a few shortish spells in hospital and tbh it's quite difficult to concentrate on anything because of everything going on. It is such a relief when you're released - although to be completely honest I did actually get asked when I was planning on going home after I had my son, it was back in the day when you weren't ushered out as soon as you'd given birth. I stayed in for 5 days, was the only person in my little ward, didn't have to do anything other than feed, bathe and change my baby - it was a lot easier than being at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Sometimes being on a Tom Hanks's island is appealing, although it would have to be accompanied by a full library.

I've had a few shortish spells in hospital and tbh it's quite difficult to concentrate on anything because of everything going on. It is such a relief when you're released - although to be completely honest I did actually get asked when I was planning on going home after I had my son, it was back in the day when you weren't ushered out as soon as you'd given birth. I stayed in for 5 days, was the only person in my little ward, didn't have to do anything other than feed, bathe and change my baby - it was a lot easier than being at home!

Yes I was kept in for 5 days when I had my first. I hated it. There was no reason to keep me in. I had had so much gas and air I was on cloud nine and pretty much self delivered. I got told off for that The food was vile. We were given a whole fish on a plate, head and tail and scales. No one ate it and we got told off for that as well.
    Second one I was booted out within 24 hours. Much more civilised.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information