Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many directions

Re: Too many directions

Remind me when you’ll have a car again Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I bet my mum wish she had (something I don't want to think about! )

Facts of life Terry, facts of life.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL you didn't offend me Carnation I remember actually thinking that, I was exhausted with all that waiting around?

Dad is chirpier today Darksky, so I'm hoping they're working (the ABs). He's a bit unsteady on his feet still but hopefully he's finally getting on top of this UTI.
    Good I’m glad he seems to be on the mend. Let’s hope he’s turned a corner. Has he a stick or a zimmer for his unsteadiness.

My mother is in complaining mode, she hates the hospital, she hates the food, she hates the other patients and she hates the nurses.

I don’t mind this, I think moaning is much better than apathy.

Although yesterday, she said she’d asked and asked for her water jug to be filled up because she was thirsty. She announced loudly…”I think water must be rationed in here, those lazy sods won’t fill my jug up.”

So off I marched to the nurses station and ever so sweetly complained.

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky, if your mum is moaning then it's a good sign. She's getting better!
    This lack of fluids in hospitals and care homes infuriates me. It's such a basic thing but soooo important!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    When my big brother was delivered the doctor said "are you giving birth to baby elephant". He was a 12 pounder I seem to recall
    Crikey that's one hell of a baby. I was 10 and considered big in 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Remind me when you’ll have a car again Fish?
    How long is a piece of string Scass? We were promised mid December, apparently the parts are hard to get. Its been built, we just don't know where it is. Neither do the dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Good I’m glad he seems to be on the mend. Let’s hope he’s turned a corner. Has he a stick or a zimmer for his unsteadiness.

My mother is in complaining mode, she hates the hospital, she hates the food, she hates the other patients and she hates the nurses.

I don’t mind this, I think moaning is much better than apathy.

Although yesterday, she said she’d asked and asked for her water jug to be filled up because she was thirsty. She announced loudly…”I think water must be rationed in here, those lazy sods won’t fill my jug up.”

So off I marched to the nurses station and ever so sweetly complained.
    He has both a stick and zimmer Darksky, though doesn't like to use the latter. Complaining is good regarding your Mum? Its the same with my Dad, if he moans its a step in the right direction. Hopefully both our parents are making that step.

How long is a piece of string Scass? We were promised mid December, apparently the parts are hard to get. Its been built, we just don't know where it is. Neither do the dealers.
    Is it one of those situations where they might as well bolt a new car onto the wing mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Darksky, if your mum is moaning then it's a good sign. She's getting better!
    This lack of fluids in hospitals and care homes infuriates me. It's such a basic thing but soooo important!
    It is. Remember the report some years ago showing nursing was failing in hospitals due to lack fluids being provided to the elderly?

Infection control was the other.

Crikey that's one hell of a baby. I was 10 and considered big in 1965.
    I think it was mostly my brother's head

I was next (and last) but I didn't want to ask if I can shooting out easily after that!

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information