Thread: Coffee maybe causing shakiness, but only sometimes? Anyone else get this?

Coffee maybe causing shakiness, but only sometimes? Anyone else get this?

This past couple of weeks hasn't been good for health anxiety - I've been having somewhat light shaking episodes. For the past hour in particular, I've had a more violent shuddering attack for seemingly no reason - wasn't feeling worried about anything, or cold (I don't think), it just sort of started suddenly when I was playing some Hearthstone.

I'm always up during the night, and I tend to keep a pretty strong brew of coffee in a thermo flask to drink gradually.

I don't know if it IS the coffee that causes this, because usually I feel quite normal whilst drinking it. But there are times (particularly when my anxiety is flaring up) that I suspect it may be causing jitters. I also have a bad habit of forgetting to drink water, so does anyone think it could be happening due to dehydration as well?

In saying that, I still always jump to the conclusion that I have brain issues or sepsis, ahahaha!
    Wondering if anyone can relate.

Re: Coffee maybe causing shakiness, but only sometimes? Anyone else get this?

Quote Originally Posted by actualWeeaboo View Post
    I tend to keep a pretty strong brew of coffee in a thermo flask
    Strong brew = high caffeine = stimulant = shakiness. Pretty obvious to me

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Coffee maybe causing shakiness, but only sometimes? Anyone else get this?

Oh yeah, after my first panic attack I went straight to decaf coffee and decaf tea. Sometimes I can get away with a small cup of regular but usually strictly decaf. Idk, I think the coffee they have here at work is extra strong for some reason.

Thread Information