Hello All.

I am currently on 10mg Escitalopram, it is my third day. Before that I had 5 mg for 4 days and 2.5 for 3 days.

I was on Seroxat and Zopiclone 3.75 for 10 years, then Trimipramine and the same Zopiclone for 10 years.

I had to stop Trimipramine in January (having tapered off) because of cost and availability reasons. Withdrawal was hell. Insomnia came back, I went up to 7.5 Zopiclone. I tried going drug-free but the insomnia and returning anxiety meant I knew I needed to take something. My Gp put me on Mirtazapine 7.5 which didn't help much. My psychiatrist moved me onto Amitriptyline because it's similar to Trimip. It helped with anxiety and sleep but gave me bladder issues. I was then moved onto the Escitalopram. Sleep hadn't been great up to now, but I managed with maybe 6 hours in 4 sections. Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep at all. Dropped off about 6 am for about 3 hours.

I know insomnia can be a side-effect of Escitalopram, but I so hope it will get better. The bladder issues are still with me and thought to be anxiety-related. My psych gave me some Lorazepam to help me out, but I haven't taken it as yet. I'm a bit scared of it.

Feeling battered and beaten at the moment. Every way I turn there seems to be a fresh problem. I'm like a hermit and have been for two months really.

Thank you for reading. Can anyone offer any advice/hope?