Thread: Can’t cope

Can’t cope

Hi am new here but I really don’t know what to do. For the last 7 months of a really heartbreaking breakup caused by my anxiety I feel so lost. I’ve tried everyday going to uni, work and doing life but I can’t cope no more. The break up has been tough mentally and well during that I got told I am being made redundant and barely able to focus on university. I have a major project due In two weeks and a can’t focus a can’t do anything but sit and google for answers to my mental state. I’ve been on citalopram on and off for years and done cbt but nothing is helping my dr gave me a new antidepressant which I start tomorrow but I’m so scared I can’t afford to be more anxcious with a new anti depressant. I wake up with doom first things crying then my full day is just full of worry and negative thoughts I don’t have any hope of getting out this. I have a fear of suicide or maybe it’s suicidal thoughts I don’t know but a really can’t take it anymore I feel broken no sanctuary at all. I’ve dealt with anxiety but this is like a breakdown or something. No part of my day is peaceful it’s al worry worry worry where that be my mental health having a breakdown being sectioned or my breakup and future.

What can I do I’m so scared and need help

Re: Can’t cope

I’m so sorry, you sound in such a jumble of worries.

It’s good that you’ve got a new medicine to try, just work through it taking each day at a time.

So, your project. Could you try doing 10 minutes bursts of work? Anxiety is crippling to concentration, so start small & set yourself gentle targets. 10 minutes work, 10 minutes of funny cats videos, 10 minutes work, 10 minutes relaxation videos.

Also try that with staying off Dr google. You’re not helping yourself or your anxiety. Try progressive muscle relaxation before sleep instead. Listen to music, ring friends or family. Write a diary. DON’tT GOOGLE!

Let us know how you do x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really feel for you. I'm in a similar position regarding depression, anxiety, negative thoughts etc. No escape throughout the whole day. Different causes, but same result. I'm not currently on medication, but have a future GP appointment where I'm going to ask to go back on to my usual SSRI if I'm no better.

What is your new medication? Sertraline tends to work well for me. I think you do need to give the new meds a chance to work as you're clearly in a bad place at the moment. You do need to tear yourself away from Dr Google. I did the same when I went on Sertraline for the first time and scared myself to death with horror stories. Can you get any help through the university? Places are so much better these days about dealing with MH issues. You have a recognised condition which they need to take into account and offer some support. Would you be able to get an extension on your project if you discussed your situation with them? It's nothing to be ashamed of, having depression, it's part of life for many of us! Universities tend to be at the front when dealing with equal opportunities issues and your current disability (which it is, even if of a temporary nature) means you require extra help.

Hey thanks for your reply’s it means a lot. So today I started sertraline 50mg after the dr gave me Mitrazapine which using dr google I realised I had no chance of getting my project done as it knocks you out and well am sleeping too much already. I’m really hoping this new med works for me as am at rock bottom. I feel like I’m boring my friends and family with it all so feel a can’t talk to anyone. This morning I woke up not as doom as I have but just spent the morning in bed not knowing what to do or how to get out this. This all centres around break up but with stress from uni and work not making it easier. I feel like my breakup is a complete trauma one in which I will not get over. The last few weeks my head won’t stop worrying about everything it’s on overdrive. Anyway thanks for the reply’s I really appreciate it and I will let use know how I get on. I hope your appointment with the dr helps you and you find a med that works for you.

Thread Information