Thread: Just Got Back from Ultrasound

Just Got Back from Ultrasound

To put my anxiety to rest my new doctor referred me to have an ultrasound on my stomach since I’ve been having some uncomfortable sensations off and on for about two years. The experience this morning was less than stellar. The tech was all over the place and wasn’t really making me feel like I was okay. I glanced up at the screen a few times and saw weird stuff but idk if it’s normal weird or bad weird. I’m really freaked out and have to wait one to two days for any kind of results. I’m terrified. Did I wait too long and is there a problem now? What if it’s the big C the thing I’m so freaking terrified of? What if something has been wrong this whole time and I am now just strong enough to advocate and demand answers? My husband thinks I am fine and need to calm down. He wasn’t helpful this morning either. I just want to cry and be alone but I have to get it together and go to work. The last also ran the stick thing over the spot where it’s heen most annoying multiple times without me having to even tell her that was the spot...I’m so incredibly freaked out.

Re: Just Got Back from Ultrasound

A couple of things. First of all, you acknowledge that your doctor ordered the test to put your anxiety to rest, not because he believes that anything is wrong. Secondly, you have absolutely no idea what you’re looking for on the screen, it’s illogical for you to assume anything based on what you saw. Thirdly, same thing with how the tech ran the test. You have no idea what their training/processes call for. To make any assumptions based on their performance is futile. Lastly, as far as them going over the spot you wanted checked, it was most likely called out in any notes the doctor sent with the referral. They don’t do these things randomly.

Good luck, I’m sure everything will be fine.

Thread Information