Thread: I'm on new meds

I'm on new meds

Hi All, what an amazing site....and sooo many people. Phew!! I guess I need to explain why I'm here.

I've very recently been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and been prescribed Levothyroxine. It explained a whole heap of things including huge weight gain and tiredness all the time. Being really sluggish with mood swings. So over the last week or so my metabolism has started some kind of upheaval. I'm having huge highs and lows.

Last Sunday evening I had two close friends over and was having a wonderful time. Laughing and feeling great but all of a sudden I just went all hot and clammy, chest pains and felt like I couldn't breath. I was terrified and really felt like I was going to die! Eventually with the reassurance of my friends the symptoms subsided but I was shakey and more than a bit scared. I felt really daft too. My first thought was that I was having a reaction to my medication and made an appointment with my doctor the following morning, he told me there and then that he thought I'd had a panic attack. I've had a few more since then, no particular place or time but everytime I get flashes in my mind of my son (I live alone with my 4 year old) finding me unconscious and having to fend for himself alone in our flat with no one knowing. Again I feel really silly afterwards.

So my question is, is there anyone else here on this medication or is there a link?

Sorry it was so long winded

Claire. x

Re: I'm on new meds

Hi Claire

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

Im afraid i have no knowledge of the medication you have been prescribed, but hopefully one of our kind members will be able to help you out.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi Claire,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi Claire

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I did a search for you but there are no other posts about that medication I am afraid.

Hopefully the two aren't related at all and as the doctor said it was a panic attack.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Claire and welcome Im sure you will get lots of support and info on ya panick I wish ya the best...........Linda x

Hi, wow, thank you so much for your wonderful and warm welcome.

I have to say that just finding this site has me breathing a little easier and I have to say that after reading some of your posts/articles I actually slept better for the first time in a week!

So BIG THANK YOU!! xx

Hello Claire to you!

No knowledge on the meds I'm afraid

- but I'm pleased to meet you anyway!

Thread Information