Thread: Sudden sharp pain + red veins in eyes! Please help

Sudden sharp pain + red veins in eyes! Please help

Hi, it’s currently 5am and I was just in bed scrolling through twitter and suddenly had a sudden sharp pain in my left eye. I’ve also had red veins in the left outer corner of my left eye for a while now (I assume they get worse with lack of sleep). I also experienced a weird intense burning feeling (not really pain, just uncomfortable) on my left calf/ankle a couple of times shortly after the pain in my eye. I’m too scared to go to sleep. Please help :(

Question Redness + pain in eyes

Hey,
    So my current biggest worry is my eyes. First of all, I’ve had a significantly increased amount of redness in the veins of my eyes lately, I’ve noticed it seems to get worse with a lack of sleep which makes sense but I’m worried theres something more to it. Also, on my right eye, which is red and veiny atm, I’ve had a sudden sharp pain to it at night twice now. It passed in a second and didn’t come back in the following hours (I stayed awake to keep.... an eye on it). I’m planning to consult with my work’s nurse whenever they’re available, but do you think this could be just because of lack of sleep? Kinda panicking here :(
    Ps. I forgot to say my right eye, the reddish one, just hurt during any movement of the eye for a while? Seems to be gone at least for the most part for now, but it scared/scares me nonetheless :/

Re: Sudden sharp pain + red veins in eyes! Please help

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Sudden sharp pain + red veins in eyes! Please help

Lack of sleep will do that. Eye drops help ease uncomfortable feelings as well as red eyes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information