I can't find the right place for lorazepam...so hope this is ok on this page.

For the last 2 1/2 weeks I've been taking a little lorazepam on PRN basis. It has been only at night before sleeping. The most I took was just over 0.5 mg, most night 0.5 mg and the last few nights 0.25 mg. Last night I fell asleep and actually even forgot to take it /didn't need it.

Now today, after reading the leaflet, I see that it says you need to taper off lorazepam.However, online, some say it depends on how long you were on the dose, how 'addicted' you were (Im guessing perhaps not hugely so in my case as I fell asleep without it?!) and how high the dose. Clearly the dose was very small, it wasn't a long period of time either.

I'm not sat here wondering if I'm about to have some sort of 'odd reaction' to the lack of taking it (even though I felt totally fine before I knew of the tapering off fact...no sweating or racing heart etc LOL) Should I take an even weenier amount tonight....or am I ok leaving it as I am ?

I realise nobody can give medical advice, but wondering if anyone else has done something similar and has any thoughts. I can ring the pharmascist of course, but the GP gave no advice on needing to taper on the 10 tablets that were provided.