Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
I know my daughter would be absolutely devastated if she were to lose her DLA/PIP. It would severely impact on her mental health and she would consider herself a fraud. She would believe the assessors.

I would be able to appeal on her behalf though but the psychological damage would have already been done. The result of the appeal would be irrelevant. It wouldn't be about the financial side of things-more the shame of being perceived as a fake.
I would say I could imagine that, but I really couldn't. I'm sure many a doctor couldn't, not like you who understands her much better from years of observation and navigation of her conditions.

But I'm not sure they would care. They get paid and go home. I'm sure some do, law of averages and all that and these are people from the caring profession, but the kind that make up lies or do it just to make money when their ethics for being in caring occupations should be more important I don't care about any of those they see.

I am thinking the questioning alone would greatly upset your daughter as she would view it as questioning whether her behaviour was "right"?

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
Hi guys , back home now , firstly thanks to all that have replied and offered advice and support , I know others will be in this position who don't feel they can ask and may get some help from this thread .
I've read quite a lot about the appeal process and the best way to go about it , I want to get this right so plenty of letters , the amount of people on Google who are saying the assessor lied about what had been said is unbelievable, on my partners letter there are at least three complete lies but the complaints process is a joke , the main problem with the Dwp is no one is accountable for the assessors actions , if plumber messed up and someone died because of his work he'd be locked up but if they say you are fit for work against doctors advice and you drop dead or kill yourself that's the end of it no one has to answer for it , it's almost impossible to make any complaints against them .
So you know I spend a lot of time pondering about people and the world we live in , I sat at the beach again this morning not wanting to come home , it crossed my mind that we talk on here but have no idea what people look like ( well most ) I could be sat saying morning to another member or having a chat and not even know , we all go about our days hiding our guilty secret , maybe the biker stood staring out to sea could have been bikermatt ok he have to be driven there in his leathers until he fixed up and back on the road , who knows where we all spend our days , the loonies are walking among us .
The other thing that I noticed is animals also like to stare out to sea maybe looking for the answers or maybe looking to see what I'm staring at .
Attached photo of ma dowg this morning , the other one was hiding behind me to keep warm and whining to go home .
Ta ta
Probably thinking can I play with those or eat them?

I look at our dog when he's staring into space and wonder what's going through his mind.

Maybe the sea represents some adventure or opportunity to start anew? I think people have always stared at it in wonder of the ages, it seems to get mentioned in that way as almost a godly thing in nature like a mountain would be.