Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Up sh@t creak

Re: Up sh@t creak

Thanks Terry I always send important things recorded then they can't blame the post office for not having it , I know it's been working it's way down a large pile and for six weeks no one has seen it that's be why I've been pushing myself harder to provide for us , I just think about earning enough for tomorrow not will they ring I can't rely on them .
    Not sure what cellulitis is so I'm not going to add that to my cluttered brain , I take antihistamines because of my asthma so hopefully the swelling will go down it's not red and shiny today so it must be going down not up , and today ( yes carnation im seem accident prone two black finger nails doesn't come from being careful) the new distraction from my bites is I picked up the kids metal scooters off the street and carried them through the house , partners rule is sit down before going out the back door ( superstition) as I did I dropped one on my bare foot , I now have lump on my tendon and my vein is sticking up so yet again I'm limping around , if anyone has seen monty pythons meaning of life I feel like the knight who keeps getting limbs cut off in a fight and carries on trying to fight , just a Flesh wound I'll end up a torso by the time the DWP get back to us and they may have to reassess me .and I'll still not get enough points .

Happy Birthday Buster. Sorry it's late. Sorry you having a rotten time,x

Thank you magic that's very sweet of you there is always some poor bugger worse off and although I messed up my own birthday with my daughters I stuck to my principles and in a couple of weeks it's farthers day so they will have to be twice as nice , one step ahead

They would never get away with a process like that in private industry these days. It used to be like that, waiting forever to get a response from a dept, but continuous improvement has been a big focus in private industry for a long time now and they would have a team upstream opening those letters, logging them (which would add a marker of some kind on a computer file alerting the new status of "please pay this poor sod's benefits until the appeal takes place"). Easily achieved with basic training to spot an appeal request (isn't that even on a specific form anyway?).

I'm often cynical about the public sector with stuff like this and with the DWP it would be hardly surprising to hear they have a policy of preventing improvements as all that cash is sitting in a government bank account being used to by something else, maybe a lunch for a MP.

It's a load of man's danglies.

Well I said I'd update if things changed , yesterday the DWP put some money in my partners account , no letter , no phone call or text , just money , so today she rang them and he checked a said yes you won your case so part of your money has been reinstated you should have received a letter but it doesn't appear you were sent one , they are ****ing useless, first they lie on the assessment, then they say four weeks to make a decision and it's been ten , then they don't let you know what is happening, it's only part of the money that's been reinstated but it will help pay the bills and I should be regular .
    So anyone going through this , get letters from all of the professionals you see , also get letters from family or freinds who can back you up , make copies of the letters ,send them recorded delivery as they will try and say they received the letters later than they did to buy time , you can then prove what day they received you letters and mandatory reconsideration , phone them every couple of weeks if you hear nothing and check what is happening, don't give up that's what they've want you to do .
    And lastly and most importantly DONT LET THE B'STARDS GRIND YOU DOWN

Buster, You have no idea how happy I am for you.

Obviously not the hell they put you through or the stuff you had to do to survive.
    But you won!!!! And we quite rightly too.
    This should never have happened in the first place and you should be very proud of how you got through all of this. Well done!!!

Great news, Buster, and well done! You should get it backdated eventually to when they stopped it. The key word here is "eventually" but you will be onto them, I know..

Well done Buster, I am glad that your perseverance has paid off.

I have been forced to threaten them with going to Tribunal, something I am terrified to do.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Very pleased you "won" your case, Buster. Many of us have been through this unnecessary and cruel ordeal but that doesn't make it any easier when you have a partner literally on the edge, bills to pay, and instead of help, get a kick in the gob. You should receive letter and full backdated pay in good time, so keep pushing, now that some of the pressure has been taken off you both.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you guys for the replies and the support from the start ten odd weeks ago it does and has helped , Elen stick with it , if they can get away with it they do so just keep on at them and get as many people on your side as you can , good luck .
    Hopefully this thread may give others in this position some hope and rough time frame of how long it takes , they will keep throwing four weeks at you like a cowboy builder but they have so many they don't even get to look at them for at least 8 weeks .
    It's not been easy but when the hell is life ever easy , it's given me a push to do things and deal with people that I'd been avoiding so not all bad .if we'd just sat and done nothing we'd be homeless by now and they'd have to find us somwhere to live and still end up paying us the money anyway it makes no sense, sink or swim time and we swam .
    These people seem to have no conscience and don't have to answer for the mistakes and lies so you also have to play dirty , when I first got ill I said I wouldn't wish anxiety or depression on anyone but now I would happily send a six month supply to the lovely employees of the DWP , see how they get on and wether they turn up for work , failing that a parcel of anthrax, but I'm not bitter and twisted about it just crack on as usual .
    Back to what I do best annoying the hell out of everyone I come across
    Again thanks for the support .

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information