Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Up sh@t creak

Re: Up sh@t creak

Keep cool Buster and give yourself a break.

Sorry to hear your mum is struggling with gout, Buster. Hopefully they can sort it quickly for her as not being able to take pain meds too isn't ideal.

It must be very distressing to witness dementia. My gran had it in her late years and we have had some aunties with it so it does cross my mind about my dad but his memory has always been bad and not worsening so I cross my fingers.

One of our neighbours had early onset. She must have been in her fifties. Very sad.

I think you've been through a lot in your life Buster and if you can get through all that, whilst it may feel like hell, you will get through whatever comes your way.

for your hand, Carnation. What have you done to it?

Thanks Terry The tendon is pulled/strained /damaged, whatever the terminology, it hurts!
    My partners gout has also come back, now in the other foot.

Have you been waggling your finger at MrC too much? Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Is it the weather that is causing MrC's gout flare up? My mum finds her lower legs swell in this weather. I hope it eases off for him.

I'm so sorry, Buster. I know what you mean about not being able to "fix" people. All you can do is the best you can but that would mean getting support from your brother too-he sounds as though he is willing to be involved in your Mum's ongoing care?
    Good that your partner is helping out too-get all the help you can because this must be so distressing for you.

Hi , thanks Terry , my gran had it too so I've seen how it ends up , she's ok in the moment chatting but she soon asks the same questions from five mins before , my biggest concern is why her liver isn't working right which could her meds , she take Bp tablets, thyroid, and water retention ones .
    Pulisa I wouldn't want you to think I'm doing all the caring , my brother lives with my mum his Gf is there all day but won't lift a finger , he does all the caring and I just go round and help as much as I can in between running round after my lot and trying to earn money as that's still not sorted , until this year it hasn't been a problem she was still going out and looking after herself ,I've been round today while my bro went and later my daughters and grankids went round to see her which she liked apparently , she needs to get up and about but seems to have given up a bit .
    Got to go and see someone tomorrow who's ripped my brother off which I'm not looking forward to but he's asked me to back him up and I hate the thought of him getting ripped , before all this mental malarkey I'd always be up for an argument, hopefully the sight of us might just nudge em to pay up without the hassle .
    I feel like I'm in an experiment to see how much stress you can take before your head explodes , The Buster show , maybe there are cameras watching me waiting for the Big Bang
    Anybody got a holiday retreat i can borrow preferably Scotland ?

Another day another drama , partner woke me early this morning to say my older daughter needed to go to hospital she'd taken too many paracetamol, half awake I said "what the hell is it with you lot and paracetamol she saw what happened to her sister " not knowing my daughter hadn't gone to work , partner went ballistic saying I should be ashamed bringing that up which I should and now do , in tears I got up and went to fetch her she came out looking very ill and crying , she'd had bad tooth ache and kept taking painkillers so not a deliberate overdose but after seeing what happened to her mum and sister I couldn't understand it , so trying to get her to hospital I made my second mistake taking the shortest route which at rush hour took an age with my partner having a go for us being stuck in traffic and pointing out it would have been quicker another way . I've been through this five times now so I know the routine but it gets no easier , waiting in A&E for assessments then blood tests then results to see if there is liver damage and blood counts , blood counts were too high so more blood was taken and then wait again to see if they drop . She got to go home after four hours but those four hours are hell not knowing what will happen sitting with fingers crossed hoping it will affect the outcome .
    Partner said I always make it about how it's affecting me which I guess I do it hard not to .
    Tonight I feel drained and empty like I have no emotions left , I still can't get my head around why any of them would take paracetamol after seeing what the affects are , five overdoses in as many years , I feel upset and angry at the time and I shouldn't it's not right to feel angry .
    There no real need to reply to this I know there isn't much can be said , it's a mental health forum but these problems are not in my head .
    I probably won't be posting on here for a bit ( what do you mean good ) I don't feel I have much to offer right now , neither use nor ornament .
    Catch you later

Buster, You really need a break.
    It seems that soon as one calamity is over, another appears. Have a break from here if you want, but you always have something to contribute and whatever you do, you will be missed and though of by many.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quite right that it should also be about you Buster because you do all the running around and picking up pieces afterwards. I think the selfishness lies in those who know others will get dragged into this new crisis through no fault of their own.

I agree with Carnation that you need a break. On your own and away from family, even if only for a day. And you will probably be made to feel guilty etc, but you know that is nothing new.

Spend a day at the beech, old bean! Alone

Never Surrender, Comrade

Buster I totally agree with the others. You have every right to be angry as their actions are impacting so hugely on your life.

A day at the beach sounds just the ticket

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information