Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Up sh@t creak

Re: Up sh@t creak

Heating your house this winter is a priority though. I'm sure the professionals who helped to get your benefits reinstated would fully support this along with your partner's respiratory Consultant. Keeping warm could keep her out of hospital. True you have a roof over your heads but she has a medical condition which you need to manage and not having any heating in the house makes it far harder.

Buster, I am presuming you are using plug in heaters.
    That would explain the high bills.
    What about calor gas heaters until you get sorted. They are much cheaper and you can use in the garage after.
    Used them a lot in the pub days.
    As far as your workers or should I rephrase that as non - workers. It's the Manager you need to sort out.
    If you contacted him and let it drop that your partner suffers with pneumonia on a regular basis and wouldn't want to hold him and his workers responsible if something should happen to her, he might get very worried and change his gear.
    You have to be cunning in these situations.
    The cold is fast approaching and this needs sorting for the both of you.

Terrible state of affairs!

Housing associations are crap! My partners Dad and Sister have council houses and any problems are sorted in an instant.

I'd go to environmental health.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

And I wonder how many millions they save from people too afraid to take on "the system"?

For us with anxiety this process is daunting.[COLOR="blue"]

Either that or go full Falling Down on them

Terry, Exactly, i'm sick to the back teeth of how the vulnerable are singled out and picked on as an easy target. What would've happened to Busters partner if she was on her own.

Falling Down Great film!

Well big bust up with her in doors, I want to ring the contractors and go crazy ape sh&t on them but she's not having it and isn't up to calling herself, after four weeks it's all we talk about , guess what ? Didn't turn up again today , not having a shower is doing my head in , the new bath is an eco one so shallow and small , it takes the whole hot water tank to fill it then an hour to re heat the tank , big chap like me looks like an elephant in a kids paddling pool taking a bath .
    Carnation calor gas is really expensive now I use it in my lockup and the fumes are not great for asthma, I have zero sense of smell so I don't know it's affecting me until it has .
    We are mid terrace so I could ask the neighbour's to turn their heating up .
    I think I could go all Falling down on them before long , I have massive rage inside me that I keep under control, it has been let out once or twice before and it is quite spectacular , my old bank manger would back that up
    Read on Facebook today another old drinking buddy has passed away , I see two of my old mates in mobility scooters bags of bones fetching strong lager first thing in the mornings , so my view today is any day upright above ground is a good day , and loud music always helps .
    Thanks for the support I know you all have your own issues going on

"Turn the heating back on...now"

---------- Post added at 02:47 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

Sorry to hear about your old drinking buddy

My brother's GF is a prison officer and even she gets sick of all the hassle with insurance companies & builders so she leaves it to my brother who is more than willing to have a barny over the phone with them. I think he hates them getting away with stuff.

Remember before these sw-anky (yes, now the swearing filter has got me too, pulisa! It always happen if one of us puts Hilary Sw-ank's name in the games threads. Yet I could get away with shitty no problem) showers? Bath day Sundays and sink washes the rest of the week? I was lucky, in my parents day it was shared baths with the youngest in last...and I'm the youngest! Must have been a bugger for my dad as he's the last of 13

I suppose you could always get your partner to lob a few buckets over you, it sounds like she would enjoy that right now
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 25-10-18 at 03:19.

Well today partner rang them she doesn't want me to do it because it will be awkward when they come round ( I say f&@k em ) so she said it's making her ill the hassle of it all so within an hour the builder is round all apologetic, then he starts trying to make out it's not that bad but as they where looking at unfinished plastering that had been painted over even he had to admit it wasn't good , he tried to sort a few bits out and went saying someone else was coming , they didn't, been working on my van all day long so absolutely ditched and sweaty a shower would have been nice but at least it was just me having a bath , you wouldn't want twos up on that water .
    Your first pic reminded me of the golf course scene and how Matt would cope with that situation, bloody golfers taking up all that land firing off balls at innocent psychopaths with machine guns just trying to make their way home
    And only one word sprang to mind with the other pic ,,,,, HAROLD!!!

I agree with your partner Buster. Sorry, but guys tend to fuel the situation. My partner used to let me deal with any trouble in our pub incase things got out of hand or got physical. I really don't know how I handled that because I couldn't say boo to a goose these days.
    I hope things get sorted out for you. It's been a terrible year with worry and stress.

I've always had visions of you turfing some big builders out of the pub with their arms up their backs, Carnation!

Buster, remember Harold had that bath on wheels so he could watch the TV? That was genius!

Ha ha Terry. Quite the opposite. More the softly, softly approach. I would say things like, "what would your mum think of your behaviour?"

It seems with life when you moan about the litttle things pi££ing you off life shows you what it can really do , started the week as usual moaning about the lack of a bathroom , things had been going ok with partner but the builders threw a spanner in that works , we argued and the best option seemed a weekend away from the house of horrors , booked a room down the coast with a view to going tomorrow, got a call this morning from my bro saying mum wasn't well , so I went round to find the paramedics getting ready to take her to hospital, they suspect a chest infection or blood clot , somthing that scares me to death as it was a PE that killed my dad , so I've spent the whole day at the hospital with my bro trying to look after mum also trying to get my brother to eat something.
    They've kept her in and we still don't know 100% what's wrong , either way it's not good .
    Just to add insult to injury the ****er plumber didn't turn up again to fit the shower and the nhs car park cost me £20 and I might be getting a fine for parking in the wrong NHS patient car park , what a f£&king day .

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information