Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Up sh@t creak

Re: Up sh@t creak

Buster, your weekend away has just been put on the back burner, but now you need to be around for your mum and brother. As you know I have been down this road and you literally have to take it one step at a time.
    But please make sure you get some rest and food in your stomach.
    I feel for you Buster, I really do. Take care.

Sending best wishes to you & your mum, Buster

You probably know all about how they don't take chances with things like chest infections in the elderly and if they aren't looking tip top with them they bring them in for monitoring just in case. That's what has happened with my mum a couple of times and I'm hoping that's what you are going through and that she will be back out very soon.

Make sure you are getting plenty to drink and eat where you can. You need to keep your strength up too.

It's very worrying to see as it hits you head on that your parents are old. Certain thoughts naturally start seeping into our minds.

All you can do is be on the hospitals case about things and be there for her even though you will feel you have to do more.

Rant on here if you need too or just have a chat to take your mind off things for a while. You know there are plenty on here who will want to help you.

So sorry to hear this, Buster. I hope they have stabilised her and that she has a diagnosis so that treatment can start as soon as possible.

You and your brother are in this together but it's horrible having a parent in hospital going through tests and not knowing what is going to happen next.

The last 24 hours have been heart breaking and soul destroying, seeing the woman that gave birth to me and brought me up not being able to get up to go to the toilet , she has very little short term memory and I swear the nurses memory's are just as bad ,they keep asking her what she's had done and has she eaten or been to the toilet and I keeping telling them she can't remember, she's scared and can't be made comfortable, me and my bro have taken it in turns being there , she's having blood thinning injections and antibiotics , she's hardly eaten.
    I sat with her for four hours this evening alone no tv just trying to talk and keep her spirits up while inside I was crying at how quickly she has got old and gone downhill.
    Partner was up and down today there for me one minute and snapping at me the next , she didn't want to come to the hospital then text me when I got there to say she would get a bus up there , I told her no as I didn't want a bad atmosphere , they didn't get on for years and my mum wasn't nice to her , things did get much better over the last few years but that history can't be changed .
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world , NOT , while writing the word not my dog has just farted next to me ,her timing is impeccable.

Don't the nurses have things called pens to write when patients have eaten in their notes? I thought that sort of thing was just standard nursing stuff?

Hang in there Once the antibiotics kick in things could change and she might want to start eating small amounts.

Once the antibiotics start working your Mum will be less confused ( hopefully) Buster.
    Blimey, you are being drawn through the mill. Hugs are not much good,but hope they help xxx

Thanks guys , didn't sleep much last night and got up early didn't realise until after lunch time the bloody clocks had gone back god knows what time I actually woke up .
    Been to the hospital and spoke to a nice nurse ( the other one had the bedside manner of a pis&ed off robot ) he filled me in on what had happened today as mum didn't have clue , she had a scan and what they thought was clot they now say is a build up from the infection which is a big relief, she's still not well but being on a bed instead of sleeping on a chair has done her good , if she can get over the chest infection the hospital stay could be a blessing in disguise, got my daughter to video call her with the grandkids and it really cheered her up I know by no she won't remember it but we are always being told to live in the moment. Got lost four times trying to get out of the hospital I thought I was going to have to live there , found my way out and realised I'd left my coat and keys so had to go back .
    My bro says she is very different when I'm with her she tends to do things if I say she needs to where as with him she just relies on him too much , she's given up doing things for herself which isn't helping her .
    Hoping she will be home soon fingers crossed.
    Thanks and thanks for the hugs magic it is a nice gesture and it does make a difference

Better news, Buster. Fingers crossed she makes good progress now. They will be assessing her dementia too so you may find there is more help for her and you once she is home..

I know I know...This should happen in theory but in practice it's all a bit dodgy.

Best wishes to your Mum, you and your family, Buster.

Good to read that your Mum has made progress.

Take Care Mate!

Not sure why maybe the stars were aligned or baby Jesus took a shine to me today but I just felt more positive and able to cope with the shite storm called life .
    Text brother to arrange hospital visits , drove to burton on Trent the deal with a couple of blokes and felt no anxiety even laughing and joking with them , didn't stress when my sat nav decided to get me lost in a big city and wouldn't take me to my destination, didn't stress when I got home to a message I'd left something in Burton I'll go back another day , took it in my stride rushing around, nipped in a florists and had some flowers sent to partner , didn't have to queue for a space at the hospital, did a deal with someone by text while walking through the hospital and found my way first time , mum looked a lot better today and I made her laugh a few times which was nice , held her hand before I went which hasn't happened since I was a kid we aren't touchy-feely, got a message a chap was waiting at home to buy something but he was early and I wasn't rushing waited until mum took her meds then left at my pace and didn't rush home , dealt with the chap who was friendly and deal was done .
    Now if anyone in my area heard " oh my god Ive missed you , that feels soooo good " around seven o'clock that was me having a shower after five weeks of waiting for shite builders plumbers etc to put it back in after ripping out our bathroom (I have had baths I'm not an animal ) .
    Today wasn't such a bad day felt glad I didn't put my head under a steamroller on Saturday, just wish I could cope with life's little jokes every day like this .
    Take care all .

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread Information