Thread: Bone cancer/muscle cancer fear - please help

Bone cancer/muscle cancer fear - please help

Hi,I’m a 21 year old Male and
    I’m worried I have bone cancer or some sort or muscle sarcoma.
    I suffer from a lot of postural issues that I’ve been working to fix; forward head posture, rounded shoulders and anterior pelvic tilt.
    For several months now I’ve been getting a sciatica type pain that goes from the back of my hips through the front, into the glutes and slightly down my thigh. All on the left side ( which is where I have all my posture issues and pain associated with that).
    A few months ago I thought this pain was lymphoma as it felt around the groinal lymph node area, but now I’ve moved onto this,

I was feeling around deep inside my lower back and found what feels like a spherical lump. When I press on it, it gives me the pain above intensified and refers it to those areas. I can feel a similar lump on the the opposite side, but it’s not as big, and there just feels more “stuff” around the side I’m worried about.

I’m concerned this is either a spinal or muscle tumor pressing on a nerve, and when I press it it causes the pain as it’s pressing more on the nerve.
    I’ve convinced myself this is cancer and now I’m disparing. Why would it feel bigger and one side than the other and cause the exact pain I’ve been experiencing when I press it?
    I do suffer from extreme health anxiety and have convinced myself I’ve had all sorts of cancers over the years, but this time I actually feel a lump.
    I don’t know what to do, please help.

Thank you,

Re: Bone cancer/muscle cancer fear - please help

What you are probably feeling is muscle pain. If you have posture issues no wonder your back hurts. See if you can get some physical therapy. If you had something serious, they back pain would be worse at night and would not get better with fixing your posture or stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    What you are probably feeling is muscle pain. If you have posture issues no wonder your back hurts. See if you can get some physical therapy. If you had something serious, they back pain would be worse at night and would not get better with fixing your posture or stretching.
    It’s more the fact that this thing in my back is bigger than on the other side when I feel it. Both sides refer pain but the bigger side refers much more pain.
    I should see a physical therapist, you’re right, as I do have a Lorna of posture issues.
    It’s just I can’t get past the fact that this thing is bigger on one side. I can get think of any other reason other than cancer as to why it would be larger like that. Seems too conincidental that I’ve been having pain and then suddenly there’s a bigger lump on that’s side.

Thanks for the reply.

I can’t tell if the lump is bigger or not now. I’ve had people feel it and they say they can’t, but how? I can feel it right there.

Unhappy Pain in leg - Terrified it’s bone cancer, please help.

I’m a 21 year old Male in good health, but I’m really struggling at the moment. I think I have bone cancer.
    It all started about a month ago. I was concerned about a pain I was having in my hip when I sat (that I previously thought was lymphoma that I’d worried had spread to the groinal lymph nodes from testicular cancer, which I ended up not having).
    I thought the pain might be bone cancer. I started feeling around my back and noticed a lump that was on one side of my lower back but not the other. After spending the next few days petrified this was either a soft tissue sarcoma or Ewing’s bone cancer, I came to the realisation that it was a muscle knot.
    In this time I rang the doctor, who was familiar with all my previous health anxieties. I asked him whether I should come in for him to look at the lump, and he said no as I’ve been in loads of times about health worries and it’s probably making me worse, and prescribed me sertraline which I’m now taking.

Around the same time I was worried about the lump, I developed pain in my ankle. It was intermittent and not very painful, but I know from what I knew about bone cancer that it was pain that comes and goes, so before I realised the lump was a muscle knot I linked it to the ankle pain, believing the lump had spread to my leg.
    After the worry about the muscle knot ceased, my fears moved entirely onto this ankle pain.
    I’ve been here for a month now terrified that it is bone cancer, and while the tablets seem to be working somewhat, they’re not a great deal.

The pain most recently morphed from intermittent, electric shock type pains in my ankle and shin to a fairy constant nerve type pain. It’s not majorly painful or anything, but the skin on the shin around the muscle and bone feels like it’s sort of bruised when it’s not.
    I researched nerve pain in the shin, and stupidly clicked on a bone cancer forum where all the people on there were saying how they had a pain in their shin, a bruise type pain, that within a few weeks turned into a lump on their leg. I have no lump yet, but I’m convinced I will soon. How can it be anything else when all those people had the same thing?!
    They also mentioned about a guy who went to the doctor for nerve pain, and then he died within weeks from stage four bone cancer...

The only saving grace is There’s a possibility the pain is from badly performed yoga. I started yoga to correct my bad posture (which gives me sciatica pain and also will have caused the muscle knot), but I didn’t really know what I was doing and forced a lot of the poses. Maybe my ankle hurt initially because of that, but God knows what the now more worrying nerve, bruised pain in my shin is because that was several days after I did any yoga before it presented its self.

I know only 550 people a year get bone cancer of any sort (primary and secondary) but I’m convinced I’m one of those people given my symptoms.

I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by AT19; 15-05-18 at 12:55.

Re: Pain in leg - Terrified it’s bone cancer, please help.

Hi

I am going through the same worries about pains I had blood tests done and that came back clear, I been to the gp twice about this in the three weeks.. I don't have any lumps etc

I do put it down to poor posture sometimes but I can't get out of mind that pain = a cancer

Re: Pain in leg - Terrified it’s bone cancer, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    Hi

I am going through the same worries about pains I had blood tests done and that came back clear, I been to the gp twice about this in the three weeks.. I don't have any lumps etc

I do put it down to poor posture sometimes but I can't get out of mind that pain = a cancer
    I understand this very well. Although I often don’t dare go to the doctor!

Thanks for the post.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen
    Sorry; I thought because it was different I should make a new thread. I’ll bare that in mind in future!

Thanks

Thread Information